BUILDING OF COMMUMITY CENTER
SIXTH SENSE FOUNDATION
(To Cultivate the spirit of Indianism & Humanism THROUGH Education)
To discover the inner potential of students from Pinjivakkam Village to celebrate, encourage, train in and share their spirit and participation in Dharma activities & Humanism through Education and Meditation. Ensuring Childhood and Education for all children of the Pinjivakkam village.
What are the benefits of this Project?
- It is planned that initially 150 school students who are primarily school going girls will be selected with an increment of 5 students per year. They will be provided with best mentoring, completely free of cost in primary, secondary and high school education with the spiritual guidance.
- This Community Centre gives major importance to girls. Hence it contributes to the women empowerment, especially targeted at rural women.
- This Community Centre provides occasional training for outside students and thus contributing their development and empowering underprivileged children through after school guidance tuition programs.
- Apart from being a Community Centre for training, it is a spiritual space for Humanism and education especially targeted in providing holistic support for rural children. These novel educational activities could also contribute to the development of Nationalism.
- As aimed at after school education too, this could be a boon for the Children of Pinjivakkam Village, as it could enhance the participation of young minds in the service of Nation.
Sixth Sense Foundation is a Youth Social Service Organization through which students and young professionals with the passion to serve society bridge the gap between the learned and the unlearned through education. At Sixth Sense Foundation, we believe that our children and friends are the latent potential that India needs for a bright and prosperous future.
Pinjivakkam is a village in Thiruvallur District near Chennai city, 70% of the population are people from Adi Dravida community and the vibrant children population in this village. The Pinjivakkam Community Centre is the only hope for the villagers to uplift themselves from their downtrodden life. The Community Centre empowers the rural community by providing after school support and moral, spiritual guidance by creating an economic self-sustainability in the families of Pinjivakkam village. There are 150+ school going children in and around Pinjivakkam, these children are from villages which do not even have proper bus connectivity and good schools. They are selected by volunteers working in remote villages and they don’t have proper after school space to study, the present after school space is without walls and electricity and Toilet, Light and a decent place to sit and read is a basic necessity which is absent now. The upcoming Community Centre will serve the purpose.
|Flooring, Rooftop and compound wall for Community Centre with Light facilities||There is no basic electricity or flooring for children to sit and read so it is essential to have proper roof, floor and wall.|
|Toilet and Bathroom||Essential for the functioning of the Community Centre|
|Human Resource[1 person]||Office Administration and General Maintenance|
|2||Roof Top & Compound Walls||2,50,000|
|3||Furniture & Other Infrastructure Facilities||1,00,000|
|4||Corpus Fund for 2 Human Resource Person||2,00,000|