In our school, we are providing the following services for the Intellectually Disabled children.
- Activities of daily Living - Basic Concepts
- Functional & Academic Skills - Speech Therapy
- Physiotherapy - Behavioural Modification
- Yoga Therapies - Skill Training.
These Intellectual Special children are exposed to practical and demonstration classes like Bathing, brushing, use of toilets, washing clothes, cooking, Tea preparation and prayer etc. In this school, we are providing, Healthy noon meal, Milk, study materials and other essential goods free of cost.
Home Based / CBR Programme
According to survey 54 severely affected mentally challenged students in Sanarpatty Block of Dindigul District. We planned to take care of the above, severe ID students with the support of United Way Chennai. Now, we are providing training to handle the several ID persons, in Daily Living skills and other basic activities.
The Special students are getting Home based training. Through HBT, ARVI provides the following services:
- Activities of Daily Living Skills
- Mobility skills to needed persons
- Develop the basic Communication skills
- Awareness to Parents, Guardians
- Physiotherapy and other therapeutic services.
- Special Educational service
- Mainstreaming after training.
- Periodical academic assessment.
Special Education on Wheels
We provided special education at the door steps of Special children. Other activities also are as follows:
- Awareness creation among the school level with the finest co-operation from the Indigo district administration.
- Awareness generation among the parents with the support of local level volunteers.
- Mainstreaming the eligible IC children
- Find out the institutions which are all can provide total care for the most vulnerable IC children
- If the number of most vulnerable children is available try to bring Special schools to the nearby localities.
- Home based training on Daily Living Skills (DLS). Providing special education, speech,
- Physiotherapy training, and communication skills at the doorsteps.
- Link eligible children with the NIRAMAYA scheme.
Please come forward to support the ones in need! Every donation counts!
Thanking you in Advance!