DIGITAL PRIMARY EVS CONTENT IN HINDI FOR 3 Cr POOR STUDENTS
- India’s basic school education is a concern for everyone. In spite of intent, efforts & investments – learning outcomes are actually falling as more and more children in primary schools are struggling with the fundamentals of reading & mathematics. This is essentially putting our ‘demographic dividend’ in danger. Clearly, we lack a method to address our school education woes in India.
- The size of the problem is globally unprecedented – the future of 24 Crore children is at stake, and there’s a shortfall of ~10-15 Lakh teachers.
- Besides, Covid19 has clearly emphasised and fast-forwarded the use of technology to reach out to millions of digitally marginalised school children in India and most state governments along with Niti Ayog are taking giant steps in this direction.
- Bharat Learn (an initiative of Prakash Bindu Foundation) believes it has a solution that can address this problem at this scale. The solution involves a judicious use of simple and accessible technology, and has intelligent and innovative content design at its heart which is based on a proprietary Film Based Teaching Methodology® (FBTM®)
- The solution has been tested and proved in Smart Classes in Govt. Schools of district Singrauli of Madhya Pradesh under an MOU with the state government with the help of more than Rs. 1 Cr raised through Milaap in our earlier crowdfunding campaign. Read more about this campaign as one of the top campaigns of all time on Milaap.
- Our efforts are duly recognised by the Govt of Madhya Pradesh, Rajya Shiksha Kendra (RSK) as is clear from the document below.
- Our primary level Mathematics content has been shared with RSK and we are now working with them on how to take this to students of more than 85,000 primary schools under Mera Ghar Mera Vidyalaya scheme.
- Encouraged by this response, we have shared all our Mathematics content on our platform FOGOO for free so that students from other budget private schools can also benefit from the content resources.
- We are now developing FBTM® content for EVS (environmental studies - पर्यावरण शास्त्र) for primary level in Hindi based on NCERT curriculum. The whole content will have 90 video modules and other support material. This will be shared with MP govt and other state governments, and will be hosted on FOGOO as well as. We expect this to reach and benefit about 3 Cr students in Hindi speaking states.
- Out of the total outlay of Rs. 15 Lakhs to develop this content, Rs. 5 lakhs have already been mobilised through our internal sources. This crowdfunding campaign is aiming to raise the remaining Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- Read on to know more on this wonderful endeavour!
- It has been proven beyond doubt by various studies the world over that student learning and engagement, especially in early school years, is best when children are taught in their mother tongue or native language. The new education policy NEP2020 also recognises this and has made important suggestions in this regard.
- Also as previously mentioned, Covid19 has clearly emphasised and fast-forwarded the use of technology to reach out to millions of digitally marginalised school children in India and most state governments along with Niti Ayog are taking giant steps in this direction.
- However, there is an acute shortage of curriculum-aligned quality digital content in Indian languages to facilitate teaching-learning and to ensure optimal student learning outcomes (SLOs).
- More than 50% of school going children in India are from Hindi speaking states. Further, around 70% of these children from government schools and budget primary schools have medium of instruction as Hindi.
- Therefore, recognising the need and the urgency of the situation, Bharat Learn has taken upon itself to first create the primary content in Hindi and then in other languages.
- After completion of primary mathematics, EVS is our current focus area to be subsequently followed by other subjects and language translations.
Assurance & Undertaking
- The funds raised through this crowdfunding campaign will be used ONLY for development of primary EVS content in Hindi.
- The donations will get tax benefit under section 80G of IT Act.
- The 80G registration of Prakash Bindu Foundation is attached below.