I am Paramveer Singh Bajwa, 20years old (dob:13.02.1998) and I have been playing tennis since I was six years old.I have always been a top ranked player in my country and have recently graduated to men’s category.
My dream is to be a top notch international tennis player in the long term with a desire to be amongst the top 250 ranking in this year. For this, I practice almost five to six hours every day with two hours of fitness program.
Some of my achievements are listed below:
- Selected to represent and captain the country in Junior Davis Cup for the 2014 edition of the tournament held at Malaysia.
- Two times winner of Under 16 National championship - in 2013 and 2014.
- Winner of Asian Under 14 championship in both singles and doubles 2012 and runners up in Asian Under 14 championship in singles in 2014.
- Achieved best ranking of 268 in ITF Juniors as per rankings of International Tennis Federation (ITF).
- Winner of more than 66 single titles in Under 14, 16 ,18 and Men’s categories.
I have now started playing Futures tournaments and have already traveled to Spain (three months coaching), Italy (three months coaching), France, Germany, Italy Hungary, Zimbabwe, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Bangladesh etc to play tournaments.
At this stage, I need to stay in an overseas academy and engage a personal coach and most importantly participate in ITF tournaments all over the globe to give a fillip to my game and break into international scene.
Estimate for one year expenses is as under:
Coaching in an academy + Private coach = Rs 3.6 million.
Travel and accommodation when playing tournaments = Rs 1.2 million.
Total = Rs 4.8 million.
My immediate target is to raise around Rs 2.5 million through crowdfunding, rest will be contributed by me. I have already spent around Rs 5.0 million since I started playing Futures.