Siel Bleu India project in partnership with Dream India Network is supporting post COVID recovery and improve health well-being of older adults through Adaptive Physical Activity (APA). APA is a specially designed and customized program of developmental activities, games, sports, and rhythms suited to the interests, capabilities, and limitations of older adults. APA also helps vulnerable older adults to fight depression, loneliness and assist in leading an overall healthy lifestyle.
Siel Bleu India project to support Post covid-19 recovery and well-being of 1500 vulnerable older adults in Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi NCR
Well trained and certified physical trainers will undertake the following training sessions for the targeted group of older adults:
- Joint and Muscle Mobilization
- Aerobic workouts
- Muscular reinforcement with body weight
- Postural work, verticalization, static and dynamic balance.
- Relaxation, working on breathing (abdominal - diaphragmatic breathing)
- Raise awareness on nutrition
- Facilitate networking, speaking, sharing and laughing to fight depression and loneliness.
- The course will be completed in 3 months.
- Dietary and Counselling recommendation for older adults.
- Older adults will be provided basic kit for the program.
- Specially curated videos in local language will also be made available. Instructors will also be available on call to discuss the program one to one.
- Curated special activities such as walks, outdoor activities, celebrations.
- Vulnerable older adults' overall health will improve, thus reducing the cost of medication.
- Improved strength and balance of older adults reducing falls.
- Older adults will become active and be engaged with others.
- This will help to keep depression away.
- Post COVID 19 recovery process will be quick.
- Siel Bleu India continues to be in touch and engage older adults in several activities.
For more information on Siel Bleu India project write to – email@example.com