We are reaching out requesting your contributions to help Naresh fight COVID related complications. Naresh, 38 years old with no pre-disease, non-smoker needs urgent lungs transplant. He has a wife and two daughters (9 yrs and 6 yrs).
Naresh was tested positive for Covid-19 on May 8th 2021. Within a week, Naresh’s condition deteriorated and was admitted to a hospital in Visakhapatnam for immediate care. He received medication and was using an oxygen concentrator to maintain saturation levels. On May 20th, his oxygen levels dropped drastically (<40) and he was shifted to the ICU of Medicover Hospitals (Previously Pradhama Hospital). The doctors administered tracheostomy and he was kept on ventilator support immediately.
He has spent 5 weeks in the hospital and, with will power, has overcome some major complications (convulsion/fits, lung spasms, cardiac arrest, low blood pressure) over this period. His condition was stable till 23rd June and the doctors found signs of recovery. He was communicating with family and friends through signs and lip movement. They had started the process of weaning off ventilator support.
However, on 23rd night, his blood pressure increased, and oxygen levels started to drop off. CT scan revealed that both his lungs were completely damaged. His other organs continue to be fully functional and he has a very good chance of making it through provided he receives immediate care for his lungs. Doctors have now advised to go through the very expensive lung transplant procedure.
We are now in the process of moving him to a hospital in Hyderabad (Yashoda or KIMS hospital).
The family has spent ~25 lakhs of their own savings and through support from extended family and friends. Following are the total expenses:
- Hospital and Pharmacy bills incurred so far - 25 L( 2.5 million INR)
- Air lifting to transplant center – 11 L (1.1 million INR)
- ECMO Mobilization – 10 L (1 million INR)
- ECMO Daily costs – 2 Lakhs per day for 30 days = 60 Lakhs (6 million INR)
- ICU costs - 1 Lakh per day for 30 days = 30 Lakhs (3 million INR)
- Lung Transplant – 60 L (55 L for transplant that includes Routing Drugs, Investigations and Disposable and 5L for pre transplant work up. 6 million INR)
- Organ Logistics - 15 L (1.5 million INR, depending on the distance)
The family is requesting you to kindly come forward and help Naresh in his battle against the disease.
You can contribute by donating money (even a small amount will make a big difference) and by spreading the message through your network.
Please reach out to me for any enquiries.
Suresh Varma Mudunuri - +1 613 805 4788 (Phone and WhatsApp).