Concept. : India is a developing country. In today's social relations, Youngsters who are experiencing problems in technology, money, greed and self-esteem think elders are supposed to be organizers, wastes and night living organisms.
Their desires, needs, and the basic necessities and feelings are not valued and sent to old age homes. Elders are a wealth of information and family’s property and encyclopedia. His life is full of years. Adding life to their years is the challenge to humanity being done by the center “Vriddhashrama”
Aim and Objectives:
* Detect and record senior citizens who have been deprived of infrastructure and providing it.
* Replacing the ‘Give and take’ attitude with ‘we are all a family’ concept.
* Spreading awareness about the importance of parent to people wanting parents property but not their culture.
* To encourage elders to be independent and free in everyday life.
* Strengthening, empowering, and making civilized citizens.
* Providing care and protection
* The elders who are above 60 years, neglected by their children and deprived of basic facilities
* Confirmation letter from a relative to the record holder, or presence of a person who is acquainted with the elder
* Identity Record and two passport portraits.
* Accommodation and quality food and medical diagnosis and treatment.
* Entertainment, Discourse From Religious Thinkers.
Old age Home Running @ : Bapuji Old Age Home , Nellore ( Andhra Pradesh )
In the present day, People forget their social liability and lead self-centered lives, neglect their parents who can neither live nor die. Children and relatives care more about their luxurious life than the care of the elderly parents. Basic amenities are also not provided to their parents.
On many occasions, they are forced to walk away from home and live on the streets. Thus, for the solution to the problems that senior citizens face. Nellore , Andhra Pradesh Based FCRA Certified N.G.O POLYMERS EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY operate the old age home in business town in Narayanareddypet location , Nellore . In 1995, the old age home was opened in a Rented Premises. At present Center cares for 150 residents, taking care of the elderly.
Senior Citizens who are deprived of children, grandchildren, relatives' love, affection, humility and mercy are always treated lovingly and with care by honest and well-natured staff.
If the caretakers and relatives of elders who die at the old age home refuse to take their body for burial, the staff will perform the last rites as per their religious customs.
NGO is also doing free service to orphans from past 25 years. In the recent past they are facing financial issues and due to that they are not able to run the old age home properly. The total strength of the old age home is 150 members But total operational expenses (monthly) are around INR 2,00,000. So there is a deficit amount of INR 2,00,000 per month. Per year it's around INR 24,00,000/-
Rent: INR 40000
Maid & Caretaker: INR 30,000
Electricity: INR 10,000
Groceries: INR 60,000
Vegetables,milk: INR 20,000
Other expenses: INR 30,000
Total : INR 2,00,000