The strength of education is in the dedicated teachers and staff that make it possible. And for a school like MEHATVA, a charitable trust, that provides training and habilitation to children with intellectual delays, these teachers and staff are their lifeline.
In these difficult times when funding is stalled MEHATVA is finding it very hard to retain their staff. But YOU can help. You can support them to retain their specially trained staff.
More About MEHATVA:
- MEHATVA is the only school which caters to Special Children in and around 25 km of Kalpakkam, Tamilnadu
- The staff, a total of 14 at MEHATVA consist of a dedicated group of special educators, speech therapist, physiotherapist a teacher helpers some of whom have been with the school since inception in 1998.
- The School currently serves 41 children (including 2 home-based programmes).
- The staff provide Individualized Education Program (IEP) for all children.
- The school has montessori equipment and Do-and-learn activity kits, includes a playground designed exclusively for special children and also provides pre-vocational training to eligible students.
- Over the last two decades it has served over 200 children with special needs.
- The trust is funded partially by government funds and a modest fee structure. Since they are not taking any fees now, they are relying on donations from your support
- All donations are tax-exempt under section 80G of the income tax act.
Please donate generously so that the school can pay its staff and retain them till a time when it can reopen and reconnect with its students. Any amount is welcome since every bit counts.
YOU are the only hope the school has left to be able to continue.