The unpredicted first wave of COVID-19 left behind major financial and emotional losses for especially the lower-income group in India. Before people could overcome it, struck the second wave and were devastated by taking the lives of not just the aged people, but also the young ones this time.
Be it the first wave or the second, the fight with pandemic has been tough, making us all witness the broken healthcare system in India.
While the cities could still manage and also got required attention from the government, the rural communities were left to die with no hospitals, doctors, and infrastructure to provide basic care.
While the first wave took the lives of around 1.57 Lakh people in India, the second wave killed more than 2.5 lakh people.
From the discussions of epidemiologists & COVID experts, it is expected that the 3rd wave is around Sept/Oct and that it will hit children below 10 the most. The reason being, most of them are still NOT vaccinated.
Not just this, it gets even more traumatizing and critical for rural kids because;
- Little or poor health infrastructure.
- No affordability for critical care during COVID.
- Some already lost their parents in the last pandemic waves.
We are a team of doctors, software engineers, and individuals supporting the cause - Better Health of Rural India!
Right now we are a team of 10 but we request people to understand the criticality of rural India's health structure and join us in this mission.
- We are setting up a 20-bed hospital which will be dedicated to the children of Rural Bihar(Jehanabad), who can't afford and need urgent care during covid-19's 3rd wave.
- The team took this initiative by itself and managed to have a building. The basics like flooring and electricity are yet to be done. Every penny and minute spent here is voluntarily done by our team without any outside support. We expect to finish it by mid October.
We are short of TIME and MONEY; We need your support in buying the listed equipment. Please check the attached doc.