MATA NI PACHEDI
Address : Ravalnagar Sheds, Nr. Ushabhavan, Vasna Berrage Road, Ahmedabad - 380 007.
The 'Mata Ni Pachedi' is about 700 years old traditional art, which means a story of Mataji painted in the back of its idol. Since this painting is made by the stick of Barnboo only with the use of natural colors.
However the tragedy of COVID-19 Pandemic had ruined the lives of its Artists and their dependents. The artisans of Mata Ni Pachedi do not possess any store, shop of sale counter as such they make their creation by handicraft from their shelter/huts only. Since beginning from Covid-19, there is no public exhibition to exhibit their art subsequently there is no more order and sale of their art, block painting, resulted into harder & struggling livelihood for their family too. The artists are putting their utmost efforts to revive the great vanishing art. They even do not find any other / similar nature of work to maintain their livelihood. The situation worsens due to following reasons:
1. Tourists from outside for Mata Ni Pachedi do not visit any more.
2. Cancellation of Handicraft Exhibition organized by the Government.
3. Cancellation of Workshops of various art institutes like NIFT, NID, Birds, CEPT etc.
which were sources of income & livelihood for several artists of this vanishing art. Since the beginning of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the artists have been rendered jobless without a stable source of income and the pandemic had severely their lives, due to which the condition of family worsens day by day. It is a humble request from artisans as under:
1. To provide 1-month grocery & medicinal assistance to each family of the artisan.
: We are 7 families here, we are in need of 5000 .rs per family.
2. To repair/compensate for the loss of sheds and huts in the recent Cyclone.
: 40,000 .rs is required to rebuild the sheds.
3. To help the needy artisans by way of charity/financial aid.
: The remaining 25k will be used for this cause.