Literacy India has well established Women Artisan centres in several locations under ’INDHA’. It is proposed to make simple cloth Masks and make it available to Rural communities at Rs 5 per pack of two as against a cost of Rs 55 for a pack of two thereby subsidising it. This is a small price to pay for keeping the Community safe. Literacy India works with communities in Delhi NCR, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, and West Bengal. It is intended to make available these Masks to the communities where Literacy India works at the grass root level. Briefly the project can be summarised below:-
- Literacy India Intends to manufacture 100,000 Masks at its INDHA centres across India
- They will be distributed to the local communities for Rs 5 for a pack of 2 masks
- The Masks are made of fresh Cotton Cloth and are washable and re useable within the family.
- They serve the basic purpose of prevention of picking up the virus in case one contacts with another person who is sneezing of coughing and at the same time if they themselves have symptoms they are protected to spread it further
- The manufacturing cost is Rs 55/- for a pack of two and a sample of the the mask is shown in the picture alongside.
- This campaign will save the family and children from global corona threat in our project areas
- This Project will also provide livelihood for 100+ artisans who are out of work and it will provide them some succour and relif in these difficult times
- Implementing this project will impact and provide safety to 100,000 persons and if we are able to avoid even 10% Carona Cases who would have spread this to 100-150 people the Project would have more than met its objective.