1) RukkThokko- A 3-month internship and skilling opportunity for Champawat youth to-
- Provide work experience and teach important work skills.
- Help youth construct a healthy work ethic.
- Introduce computer and English language coaching to youth.
- Partner with youth and guide them in their career journey.
2) Prison research study- Conduct an interview-based research with male prisoners in Uttarakhand prison to understand the relationship between life experiences and the social environment of prisoners and criminal tendencies.
3) Workshops on sex and sexual health- Recently, there have been a number of child sexual abuse cases in the Kumaon region. There is a lack of awareness and misconception among youth when it comes to basic sexual health, hygiene, and consent. Teenage girls especially often lack the information to practice proper menstrual hygiene. We've planned a week-long workshop to discuss the issues of toxic masculinity, sexual and menstrual health, hygiene, consent, contraception, sexuality, and gender and have open conversations with teenagers about them.
I'm not someone who benefits a lot from academic education. I learn better when I work practically and experience things for myself. As someone wanting to do a degree in social work, this is a great learning opportunity for me.
To make this trip possible, I need to be able to cover my travel expenses, food, stipend, and other miscellaneous charges. Haijalo is a small independent project without any government or NGO funding. Any small help you could provide would mean a lot.
Bus/Taxi (Haldwani - CPW)
3000 per month x 2 months
Rs.100/day x 60 days
5000 per month x 2 months
Transaction fees & GST
Haijalo is the Pahaadi word for ‘It shall happen’. It is also the name of a fairly recent, small group of volunteers in Champawat district, Uttarakhand who are taking steps to resolve local societal and environmental issues while shaping the world around them through kindness, understanding, and the power of volunteering. Check them out at www.facebook.com/haijalo
For any further questions, reach out to me at email@example.com