Thank you for lending your support in developing the Kiloor Kokkala High School. This is an ancient school, which has created many scholars including our beloved Bhojraj Sir. The school is located in a serenely beautiful landscape. Due to many private schools being started in the locality and medium of instruction, which was in Tamil, people started enrolling their children in other school. We will have the medium of instruction English this time because the parents are asking for it specifically. Though we all know the medium of instruction doesn't matter, we still need to create that awareness among the parents. Once more main reason for students being sent out is lack of the facilities and standard of teaching compared to the private schools. We did not have the teachers, who were willing to put their children in the government schools, which created a question in the minds of people regarding the teaching. The trust and belief were shattered here. I am not blaming on all the teachers, but most of them are not ready to enroll their children in the schools in which they work. Every parents want their children to have the best education and the government schools are not providing it when we compare to the private schools. we want to provide them the best education, so we decided we will be providing the following facilities to our children,
1. Extracurricular activities.
3. Extra importance for sports.
5. Nutritional food.
7. Spoken English and Hindi.
8. Bags, shoes, and uniform
Below are the few short term requirements, which need to met before the school reopening.
1. Painting- work in progress.
2. Repair works of the building - Work is in progress.
3. Carpentry work- work is in progress.
4. Bags for the students - have arrived.
5. Shoes - will be given after getting the sizes from the children.
6. Uniform - Yet to decide on the color combination.
7. Benches and Desks.
8. Water Purifier.
9. Sports items - both indoor and outdoor.
10.Tubelights and LED bulbs.
11. LED screen for online classes.
Below are few of the long term requirements.
1. Extra teachers for important subjects.
2. Redefining the teaching methods.
3. Yoga instructor- weekly or bi-weekly.
4. Creating more virtual classes.
5. Personal engagement with the children and their family for better understanding of the student's situation.
6. Making this a model school for all other schools in the district.