The main aim of this campaign is to raise funds to provide for Food and Medical expenses for the underprivileged and families affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
India is undergoing a humanitarian crisis on an epic scale during the second wave of Covid-19 infections in the country. During this pandemic, the facilities and resources on the ground have either run out or become scarce. The medical infrastructure is overloaded and people who have been affected by the virus are unable to get the required medical care. Hospital staff are depleted, ICU beds are unavailable, oxygen supplies run out within hours each morning, medicines are unavailable and people have had their livelihood affected.
The country is facing multiple lockdowns and the most affected are those who belong to the lower socio-economic groups. These people sometimes lose their only (and meagre) source of income or they lose the breadwinner in the family and find that they suddenly do not have anywhere or anyone to turn to.
Most of the news coverage is on lack of oxygen which is truly heart breaking. However, the silent victim of this tragedy are the family members of COVID patients, daily wage workers and underprivileged people. We a team of 15+ people are trying to provide food and medical supplies to such people in Bangalore.
The need is too big for one person or one organization to handle. Please donate whatever you can. We have verified the operation and all the expense reports would be posted later.
This campaign is to collect funds to help provide relief in this situation.
These funds will be used for the following:
1. Cover medical expenses for the underprivileged and needy people in Bangalore, India who have contracted the Covid-19 disease and are unable to afford medical care
2. Provide packed food for the underprivileged and needy people whose lives and livelihoods have been affected by the pandemic
3. Provide groceries, food, medical supplies and pay for medical care for children in orphanages who have lost their regular supply of food due to the pandemic or have fallen ill due to Covid-19
4. Help people who have contracted the Covid-19 disease to obtain sufficient level of medical care depending on the severity of the disease
5. Provide for safety equipment for volunteers on the ground
There is a small group of volunteers working on the ground who refuse to stand by and watch while their world and families crumble around them.
Any funds leftover after the current medical and humanitarian crisis has passed will be used to continue to provide for food and the livelihood of people who have lost either/both because of the pandemic. These problems are likely to continue well after the medical crisis has passed.
We thank each person in advance for your contribution to this cause.
Members of the team