Introduction & background:
Jayalakshmi is presently pursuing sailing in Nacra 17 & has won the first position in 2 selection trials held in Mumbai. Nacra 17 is mix gender foiling Catamaran. Her sailing partner is Praveen Prabhakar from Chennai. Ms.Jayalakshmi Sundaravadivelu has pursued her BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering from CEG, Anna University, Chennai.
Praveen Prabhakar has committed to the program and has invested in a racing Boat from the UK and shipped it to Mumbai. The training takes place at Mumbai, along with other National teams in Sailing.
In the immediate, Ms.Jayalakshmi is looking for assistance to help her on her Road to Glory.
The broad plan / Road Map for 2022 / 2023 as below from Jayalaksmi Sundaravedivelu.
1. There are only four countries actively sailing in Asia - Japan, Singapore, China and India. This gives us a great opportunity to win a medal at the Asian Games and qualify for the Olympics.
2. The first step for this was to find a boat The second step was to train in limited time and qualify ahead of the competition. I have been provisionally selected based on the last two regatta.
3. Now with the Asian Games postponed by one year it gives them a better chance of winning a medal and qualifying for Olympics. So in the upcoming months the plan is to train in Mumbai starting from Jul 22 till December.
4. There are two ranking events in India in 2022. - West coast sailing championship and YAI Senior Nationals. The goal this year is to train hard and win both the events.
6. For 2023 the target events are: (A) Sail India (B) 470, 49er, NACRA 17 Senior Open Championship (C) Asian Sailing Championship (D) Princess Sofia Regatta (E) French Olympic Week (F) Allianz Regatta (G) Kiel Week (H) Sailing World Championship, Hague ( Olympic Qualifier) (I) Asian Games (TBD) (J) YAI Senior Nationals (K) IN MDL Cup
7. Training and appropriate coaches will be hired in and around the events so as to maximize results.
8. The same circuit of events to be done again in 2024, so they can top the results.