A few days ago, we were approached by an old woman, who had lost her job, and was struggling to make ends meet. She could not even afford to eat two meals a day! In this desperate situation, Jan Sharnam provided her with the food that she needed, and offered her employment making masks. We hope to touch many lives like hers, and extend our help and support to every person who needs it through initiatives like this.
In the history of modern India, this pandemic is the event that has caused the largest number of deaths, and impacted more people than even the partition! The economy is in doldrums and unemployment is at an all-time high. The 2.5 crore infected, and the further 33 crore impacted are more than just numbers. They are people! They are families who are facing the brunt of the pandemic!
We at Jan Sharnam have been doing everything we can to make sure that the needy survive this period.
1. We have set up mask production centers that employ those who don’t even have enough to feed their families, empowering women to take up work.
2. The masks produced are distributed free of charge to those who need them.
3. We are also working tirelessly to ensure that no stomach goes empty, proactively distributing food to families who have lost their income in this pandemic.
4. We want to ensure that everyone has the mental strength to sail through this situation, and for this purpose we provide extensive counselling services too.
5. This year, we aspire to expand our efforts to include providing access to lifesaving medicines as well.
But all of these initiatives can only be carried out with your help. We will continue to work for the less fortunate – please support them with whatever amount possible. We urge you to contribute to this noble cause for the sake of humanity. Every single rupee that you contribute could mean the difference between a whole and a broken family.