2 years back road widening started and all the trees were chopped down leaving these creatures homeless and foodless.
We have a plan to re-create the same in the road next to bannerghatta forest.
Plan: Raising the saplings of indigenous and native trees which will provide food and shelter to these smaller wildlife and also increase the green cover.
Location: Thattekere to Jigani is good as the road cannot be expanded as one side exists forest.
Phase 1: Raising 2000 saplings in nursery for 6 months to one year depending on the species.
Phase 2: Planting and maintaining for 1 year.
Budget for Phase 1:
Around 2.8 lakhs.
1. A quarter acre place with compound with water. 8000 per year
2. Construction of structure for shade 12000
3. Seeds 6000
4. Red soil 4000
5. White soil 2000
6. Farm yard manure 15000
7. Poly bags of 3 sizes 1,02500
8. Pesticide and insecticides 5000
9. Small equipments. 5000
10. Wages for people for maintainance. 6000 per month, 72000 for 1 year