We are a private school which is devoted to providing education to the lowest income families in our community, from kindergarten to grade 8. We offer transportation from the surrounding villages and our education is provided by teachers with the right qualifications. Because of the importance of languages, we invest in both English and Hindi courses.
To maintain accessibility to our school, we keep admission fees to a minimum. We provide education but lack resources for basic materials and amenities such as chairs, tables and other school materials. We also urgently need to improve our sanitary infrastructure for the kindergarten children. However as a private school we don't receive government funding. Our fundraising program aims to meet these basic needs for our school, as well as keeping the school fees to a minimum.
- 60 Tables and 60 chairs for children: 100 000 rupees (1400 USD)
- Painting classrooms (labour and materials) 45 000 rupees (630 USD)
- Educational materials (books, pencils, pens, notebooks, drawing sheets, colour crayons, etc) : 2000 rupees per student for 1 year (280 000 rupees (4000 USD) for 140 students)
- Ten (10) Whiteboards: 10 000 rupees (140 USD)
- Sanitary washroom for 140 children (construction materials, labour, plumbing, electrification, water tank) : 150 000 rupees (2100 USD)
- Projector and screen: 35 000 rupees (490 USD)
- Playground games for children : 175 000 rupees (2450 USD)
Total funds needed : 795 000 rupees (11150 USD)