Who are we?
HumanQind is a non-profit providing voice, visibility and agency to children to cocreate a safe, equitable, compassionate city.
We are on a mission to transform neighborhoods one safe school at a time.
45 children die daily in India. This is equal to one classroom eliminated a day. Road accidents are the major cause of death for age 5-14, which are school going years. With the fear and risk, childhoods are constricted by parents and affect the physical and mental health of children.
The pandemic has only worsened this situation. Children are locked in, miss their friends, their school teachers and an opportunity to be active, free and independent. At the same time, school principal and teachers are having a hard time reopening schools.
This is one problem that can be solved together.
CROSSWALK, India's first 'Do-It-Together Safe Access Kit' where children, parents, school teacher and decision makers work together to develop a safe and democratized safe school access to reopen schools in the pandemic.
- Children & parents create a unique blueprint using an award winning human centered curriculum
- Schools are able to adopt a data driven approach to navigate towards safety, equity and sustainability
- Community connects via volunteerism to 'reimagine education' beyond the four walls of the school.
HumanQind believes in safety and equity that rises from our universal responsibility and compassion. We are on a mission to mainstream children as equal citizens and build a kinder, stronger and a shared humanity.
IMPACT YOU WILL CREATE : SEED THE MOVEMENT
We are currently one school young and that is an idea the world noticed.
The pilot has a potential to impact 10000 students and become the first model school street in Delhi, led by children.
Our team is ready to build this Kit and reach out to 10 visionary schools, partner with donors who are ready to demonstrate the courage to listen to children, reopen schools 'leaving no one behind' and seed this change. This will help us collaborate to create ...
- 500 young agents of change,
- 10 model schools
- 10 inclusive principals
- work with radical politicians
...that impact everyday journey of a minimum 20000 students .
We are seeding this movement with you and we know that it will create ripples of compassionate change.
We are ready to accelerate our impact! Join us!
OUR FOUNDER. OUR JOURNEY
Ruchi is an architect, urban designer... a strong proponent of everyday life. She has been working as an urban expert since 15 years and followed the path of social impact as a calling. Her story is ordinary but her efforts are extraordinary. Within a short period...
1. Global Award at World Urban Forum 20 among 110 global projects
2. Echoing Green Fellow (13 selected put of 3100+ applications globally)
3. Honored as a Global Dalai Lama Fellow
4. Fellow with School for Social Entrepreneurship and Lead India.
5. Speaker at New York Times, Low Carbon City Forum, International Play Association, Greenpeace, National Pedestrian Conference, etc
6. Mentor of Change at Atal Innovation Mission, Niti Ayog.
7. Happy soul :)