- In the year 2000 we were awarded State award and in 2009 "Central Government award “was given to us.
- Still lot of services are yet to be done with the help of generous donors.
- Now the managing Committee of the members are unanimously decided that
- “Helen flaghrity society for the blind” NGO is help the COVID-19 poor peoples in mass level through Crowd Funding in Tamilnadu . From the beginning of the Lockdown NGO is distributed Cook Food and Grocery Items between more than 1500+ families .
PROPOSED IMMEDIATE ACTION:
|1.Complementing the Healthcare Services|
Provisioning of medical supplies, equipment & accessories to minimize disruptions in medical care and delivery of health services. Also to include any immediate psycho-social as well as mental health support by specialized organizations
|2. Food Security|
Including cooked meals, micronutrients and dry ration.
|3.Care & Support|
Care for elderly, people living with disabilities, children & most disadvantaged through psycho-social support, temporary shelters, education in emergencies and other such well-being initiatives. To include any immediate measures towards protection of children in transit, those living in difficult circumstances and dealing with vulnerabilities.
|4.Training, Capacity Building and Awareness|
Create awareness about prevention, hygiene, social distancing, combating stigma in communities, psycho-social care. Train and build capacities of frontline workers through digital platforms and technology tools, as per measures prescribed by MoHFW, to strengthen the delivery of health care services.
1. Early Childhood Care and Development in Emergencies
Restore education for most disadvantaged children in rural and urban areas, with state permissions, using technology led solutions.
|2. Child Protection and Inclusion (PWD, other groups) in Emergencies|
Interventions that can support children who were already living in difficult circumstances and have high vulnerability, mitigation efforts that reduce possibilities of any form of abuse or harm with them.
|3. Health in Emergencies|
High focus on pregnant, lactating mothers, elderly, psychosocial care, mental health, non-communicable and communicable diseases (other than Covid19)
|4. WASH in Emergencies|
High focus of personal and community hygiene, hand washing practices and improved sanitation
|5. Livelihood and Skill Development in Emergencies|
Livelihood & skill development programs for marginalized young adolescent girls, women, disabled persons. (Income Generation Activities)
- Cuddalore Dist (Kurinjipadi block)
- SC community -2/ Fishing Village – 2 / Tribal Village - 1 ) – Total: 5 Villages
- Pondicherry: (Villianur block)
- Tribal – 1 / SC village – 2 / Fishing Community– 2) – Total: 5 Villages
Total target beneficiaries: 1425 families / Total Population – 5745 / Male – 2363 / Female – 3382 (People with Disabilities – 27)
- BUDGET OUT LINE:
Training, Capacity Building and Awareness
COVID-19 in selected 10 villages10 Villages X 3 months X @ Rs. 5000/-
Protection Materials for families to stop the spread of Covid–19(masks, sanitizer, Gloves etc.,)
1425 families X @ Rs. 500/-
| 3. |
'Food Supplies” initiative to feed the needy families with basic food materials.
1425 families X @ Rs. 750/-
Care & Support for Children, Elders, Pregnant women & people with disabilities
10 villages X @ Rs.2 5,000/-
WASH – Water & Sanitation programs for personal health & hygiene
10 villages X @ Rs.50,000/-
Livelihood for the Isolated Marginalized group of families in the community in 10 villages.
10 villages X @ Rs. 50000/-
Staff Salary:Project Coordinator: 1no X Rs.10,000 X 12 months
Field Animators: 4 no X Rs.8000 X 12 months( 2 staff in Cuddalore & 2 staff in Pondicherry)
Administration Cost for the total Project. (8%)
Total in Indian Rs.
(Thirty Six Lakhs Seventy Two Thousand Two Hundred Seventy Rupees Only)
|36, 72, 270/-|
- Our Foundation is expecting to implement the proposed programme activities to create a healthy and risk-free society.
- The affected people would be assisted to get proper medical services, recover from the current scenario and sustain their normal life.
- The relief initiative with food supplies would fulfill the basic needs of the target community and stay health with resistance power during the ‘Lock down Period’.
- Livelihood initiatives will enable all the affected families to find income source during the ‘Lockdown Period’ to have survival.
- Finally all our concerted efforts and collective action to combat COVID-19 would have reached out to the affected population and ensured safety, security, protection and healthy survival in collaboration with Government/Private departments in Cuddalore District- Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry.
CONCLUSION: At this Juncture and world crisis of COVID-19, it is the need of the hour to take collective action and join hands with corporates, institutions with CSR to combat this deadly virus and create a healthy, hazard-free, sustainable and empowered Society, Community and Country.
My name is Koushik Ghosh Choudhury . I am a social worker from Jamshedpur , Jharkhand . I am the active Volunteer of “Helen flaghrity society for the blind” NGO I am here to raise funds for the NGO to help for underprivileged family’s of Village. ..