We are a group of budding engineers from Vellore Institute of Technology who have come together to solve some of the most serious challenges that our society is facing right now like women safety, mental health issues, suicide prevention etc. We come from all backgrounds and skills, bound by a common passion:To ideate and create products that would solve the major problems that our country is facing at the moment.
Our efforts have been recognised by various companies and organisations, on the basis of which we have earned an invite to attend START Hack, Switzerland : one of the best Entrepreneurial hackathon in Europe.
Some of the companies/organisations that have posted about us:
START Hack is "The Most Entrepreneurial Hackathon" of Switzerland which has attracted over 400 participants around the globe for the past four years to solve problems under 36 hours.
At START Hack, people team up to code something new and exciting in a short period of time.
START Hack is organised by an NGO and supported by tech giants like Microsoft. START Hack has a broad and unique partner network from corporations, NGO’s and governmental institutions. These long-lasting partnerships enable START to make a difference and to put a unique hackathon together.
This year, START Hack is calling for people to use technologies like AI, Blockchain, AR/VR and IoT to solve some of the world's biggest problems. We are fortunate to be selected among the few teams which are invited to START Hack 2019.
1. SafeCab - A Real-time Cab Safety/Security Service for Women Passengers
After going through the several cases of assaults and harassments that women had to face while travelling, our team created an AI based system to make sure that no woman ever becomes a victim of these assaults again.
Product Information :
2. Eminence - A Real-time Mental Health Monitoring System for College Students
Having witnessed our students around us become victims of suicides, we spent almost an year creating a system that would predict the suicidal tendencies of a student. We developed algorithms to detect stress levels based on the EEG data (Brainwaves) obtained from the student in real-time. We also developed an audio-based emotion classifier to further enhance the overall prediction of our system.
Based on our work, we have won several competitions like:
1. Winner - Devmerge - organised by Sahaj Software Solutions, held at IIT Madras Research Park.
2. Runner Up - Devfest - organised by Google Developers Group, Asia’s largest Student level hackathon.
3. Winner - TechExpo - a national level tech exhibition organised by SARK, Bangalore.
4. Currently in Top 30 out of 22,000 teams in KPIT Sparkle.
5. Currently in Top 20 out of 5000+ worldwide in Bengaluru Tech Summit Global Hackathon.
6. Invited to speak on recent technological developments in DevDay, developers’ summit in Chennai.
Travelling to a foreign nation for participating in a competition is not easy being a student. Based on the prizes we have won in the past, we are able to cover costs for VISA, Hotel, Local Commute and Eating. But, we won't be able to cover the flight costs totally.
The return flight costs for 2 people is given as follows: Rs. 90,000/- (USD 1265)
Including hotel, visa and other expenses the total amount sums upto Rs. 1,50,000/-. Thus, We are only requesting the amount we really can't afford. i.e Rs 80,000/-
Help us reach Rs. 80,000/- (~ USD 1124) and make this travel possible!
How will we give back?
1. The most essential give-back would be the innovation which we would come up for India. We aim to fight issues like poverty, safety, malnourishment and mental health by leveraging technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain.
2. We would also be doing a vlog of the entire hack experience and will give a shoutout to the top 10 donators. Also, we would be doing a live stream of the hack when possible. This would serve as a great opportunity to students back home who are unable to attend these kinds of events due to financial constraints, and inspire them to pursue these kind of opportunities.
3. We will be sending exclusive customs emails of thanks to all the donators.
4. We would also tag the top 5 donators in our winning posts on social media if we secure any position in the hackathon.