Gulam has been suffering from ongoing health issues for almost a decade. In the initial period, he was still employed and had a stable source of income to take care of the expenses, however with time his condition deteriorated and he had to quit his job. With no income and a series of illnesses, his savings were also exhausted soon after. Today he is in a very bad financial condition and is barely able to manage household expenses.
He has sold most of the family assets to raise funds and his health is not permitting to take up a full-time job anywhere. Over the years his medical and incidental expenses have risen to several lakhs of rupees and the interest on loans taken by way of mortgage and from friends has skyrocketed.
The only hope for him to get back to life is getting a financial boost to get things slowly back on track. We intend to raise 45 Lakhs over the next 3 months for repaying his loans taken for medical expenses and have a small corpus for the next year or so by when he can stabilize and settle in some employment / alternative income generating activity.
A brief history of his ailments are given below for easy reference:
- 2013: Angioplasty and placement of stent to remove a block in the heart
- 2017: Angioplasty and placement of two stents to remove blocks in the heart
- 2018: Lung infection
- 2019: Acute brain stroke, my vision and other parameters got damaged - still not recovered
- 2019: Convulsions (Fits) as a result of the brain stroke
- 2022: Convulsions (Fits) as a result of the brain stroke