Help My Mother Undergo a LVAD Surgery | Milaap
This campaign has stopped and can no longer accept donations.

Help My Mother Undergo a LVAD Surgery

Dear Donors,

In the month of December 15th 2018, my mother presented to Fortis Hospital with Acute Anterior Wall Myocardial Infarction.  Coronary Angiogram revealed critical left main with double vessel Coronary artery disease. Subsequently, Primary PCI with drug eluting stent to LAD with thrombus aspiration was done with IBAP support. During her two and half week stay in the hospital (discharged on January 2nd 2019) and during post recovery, I spent close to 12.5 lakhs ($18,000 USD) and also all the exhausted insurance cover in that process .  Insurance covered only around 60% of these expenses and I paid out the remaining 40% during this phase.

However, due to her weak heart condition, she was again admitted to Fortis hospital on three occasions between January 31st, 2019 and April 27th, 2019. All these 3 hospitalizations, put together amounted close to 2 lakhs ($2,900 USD), which I paid out in cash as I had exhausted the insurance cover. Cardiologists in Fortis Hospital have now advised us to consider heart transplant, which would cost us nearly 25 lakhs (around $35,000 USD). I am not in a position to fund this without insurance cover.

I would hereby request you to kindly donate some money and help me through this tough times. Also, kindly forward this message to your known circles. Your help is deeply appreciated. Thank you all.

Regards,
Girish
Ask for an update
5th June 2019
Dear Supporters,

Thank you all for the love and support.

We have been advised to go for LVAD Surgery as there are currently 12 people waiting for heart transplant in the queue and my mother’s condition is not good enough to wait for a donor’s heart considering the long waiting time with this queue.

We have admitted her today in Fortis again as her health deteriorated again and we are waiting for LVAD Surgery. I need to deposit 35 lakhs for them to procure LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device). Post this, they will be conducting the surgery. Total surgery cost including the device cost is estimated to be around 40 lakhs.

Thanks
Dear Supporters,

Thank you all for the love and support.

We have been advised to go for LVAD Surgery as there are currently 12 people waiting for heart transplant in the queue and my mother’s condition is not good enough to wait for a donor’s heart considering the long waiting time with this queue.

We have admitted her today in Fortis again as her health deteriorated again and we are waiting for LVAD Surgery. I need to deposit 35 lakhs for them to procure LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device). Post this, they will be conducting the surgery. Total surgery cost including the device cost is estimated to be around 40 lakhs.

Thanks
Content Disclaimer: The facts and opinions, expressed in this fundraiser page are those of the campaign organiser or users, and not Milaap.
$2,776 raised

Goal: $57,000

Beneficiary: Gowramma info_outline

Supporters (34)

Arati
Arati donated $100
mg
mehr donated $25
G
GURPREETSINGH donated Rs.4,000
TS
Tunisha donated $100
KS
Kate donated $20

Sending good thoughts your way.

A
Anonymous donated $25