Help First-Time Basketball Players Of Govt School Athanvoor Play | Milaap
Help First-Time Basketball Players Of Govt School Athanvoor Play
16%
Raised
Rs.11,331
of Rs.70,000
5 supporters
  • SP

    Created by

    Srividhya Prasanna
  • GH

    This fundraiser will benefit

    Govt Higher Secondary School Athanavoor

    from Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu

Story

Set at 1.5 acres in the rural village of Athanvoor in Yelagiri hills, Govt Higher Secondary School, Athanvoor, Yelagiri is a co-education school. Started in 1972 as a Middle school, the school was later upgraded to high school in 1982 and to higher secondary schools in 2014. Serving predominately to the tribal populace, the school serves neighboring 14 villages. 75 % of the students are from tribal communities and the remaining 25% are from the local communities. Existing infrastructure comprises 13 classrooms, 2 labs, 1 smart classroom, 1 auditorium, playgrounds, staff rooms, and a kitchen for mid-day meals. On a roll, there are 384 students in classes 6th to 12th std.

Govt Higher Secondary School, Athanvoor, Yelagiri in partnership with like-minded sports enthusiasts began the sports Play4health sports program in the school during the month of July 2019.  Play4health is a very unique initiative that works with children and young adults of all skill levels in Tamil Nadu. Using Football as a teaching tool, the project teaches life skills to children through sports. The training will help children realize the fullest potential of their talent, who previously had no access to sports training. The project is widely supported by Physical education teachers, subject teachers, headmasters, and the local community.

These funds will be utilized to purchase I pair of basketball boards.

Read More

support