With folded hands, we are reaching out for your help to revive our beloved friend Gagan Sapra, 41 years, who has been struggling with severe lung damage post-COVID infection. People who know Gagan will say how loving and caring he is. Gagan and Monica have a daughter, aged 5 years, eagerly waiting for her Dad to come back home and hug him.
A humble appeal from Gagan's family:
* Gagan's wife, Monica Sapra, would need all the support and prayers to save his life. Gagan was tested COVID Positive on 22nd April, following which he was admitted to Sanjeevani hospital, Gurugram on 23rd April. Within a week's time, Gagan's condition became worse and we had to move Gagan to DRDO managed COVID care hospital, Delhi on April 30th because of lack of oxygen support and his Oxygen saturation levels continuously dropping, and no ICU available at Sanjeevani hospital.
Once moved to DRDO Covid hospital, Delhi, he was receiving the required line of treatment (Remdisivir, Steroids, and Blood Thinners). His SPO2 level stayed at 90+ with CPAP masks on. But his body didn't show signs of improvement on saturated oxygen and had to be kept on Cpap O2 support. He was declared COVID -ve on May 10th, 2021 but his condition remained critical with severe lung damage, in view of which he was moved to Paras Hospital, Gurugram as a non-COVID patient. On May 11th, after a re-test (RT-PCR) he was again declared COVID +ve by Paras hospital and moved to ICU with ventilator support. He was kept on a ventilator for 12 days.
Gagan has been struggling to breathe after both of his lungs have sustained critical damage. He has been on continuous external Oxygen support since he was initially admitted to the hospital (22nd April 2021 - today, 22th May 2021). With his current state, Doctors at Paras Hospital have suggested he's suffering from severe lung damage and have advised him to perform ECMO and Lung transplants.
Based on the doctor's recommendation, after a lot of struggle, we were finally able to acquire ECMO support for Gagan at Fortis Gurugram. He is currently on ECMO support at Fortis and is incurring expenses of approximately 2 Lacs/day.
No help is small, every single penny will make a big difference. Please help us to bring Gagan back home.
Hospital summary -
* Sanjeevani Hospital (Gurugram; From 23-April-2021 to 30-April-2021)
* DRDO Covid Care Center (Delhi: From 30-April-2021 to 10-May-2021)
* Paras Hospital (Gurugram; From 10-May-2021 to 18-May-2021) - ICU
* Fortis Hospital (Gurugram; From 22-May-2021 to till date) - ICU
To date, the family has spent over 30 Lacs for Gagan's treatment. Below is the breakup of expected areas of expenses that are foreseen, We will be updating cost details as we receive them:
* Per Day ICU charges: 1.25 lacs * 9 (till 10-May-2021 - 18.May.2021) : 11.25 lacs
* Lung Transplant Amount : Approximate 35 Lacs
* ECMO Charges (per day starting 18th May 2021 for 10 days): Approximate 20 lacs
* Air Ambulance along with ECMO setup (Gurugram to Hyderabad): Approximate 30 lacs
* Body Evaluation test for Transplant: Approximate 5 lacs
* Organ Transport (Once Donor is found) from a place other than Hyderabad: Approximate 10-13 lacs
* Post-operative care (2-4 weeks, costing around 1 lac per day) - Approximate 15-30 lacs