Post calibration my inlaw's family asked to leave as they were going far(near about 430km). They left our home at 2pm and we had telephone contact with them till 9pm.
At 10 we called them back but no one responded. Hence we went to sleep. At 11.30pm my sister in law called me and informed that they met with an road accident and father in law is unconscious. All other people are injured but only father in is unconscious. They called the ambulance and reached at SCB medical college Cuttack. In emergency word doctor performed cr scan for all the injured people and determine my father in law having a major brain injury for which he is unconscious.
All of them stay in the emergency till morning 11am but no doctor come to visit the patient. The fear of loosing critical time force the family members to transfer the patient to some other hospital. They moved him to Ashwini hospital cuttack which is famous for neuro treatment.
As it's a private medical the treatment is so costly. But still the family members beg small small amount from their relatives and arrange some fund for treatment. In 3 days the doctor ask for an brain surgery which costs near 1.2 lakhs.
We realize that the funds which we arrange is insufficient, hence put our all effort to transfer the patient to any government medical college for a free treatment but we were unable to found any seats in ICU as the patient was in ventilator support so we stuck to move him to any other hospital. Meanwhile the medical was putting pressure on us for surgery. The doctor told if we dont do it within 7 days then there are less chance to save his life.
In such situation we thought if we move to another hospital then the treatment will start from the beginning and the 7 days period will over before we reach to surgery day.
We decided to go with the hospital and arrange fund for surgery. My father in law is very poor and few month back he took a heavy loan to settle a business for his only son. With the previous loan burden the treatment expenses were put more burden on family.
Anyhow we arrange the funds and perform the surgery. post surgery we saw improvement in his condition so again stick to the same hospital with borrowing more money. After 2 days the doctor removed the ventilator and started monitoring but in 2 days the patient condition again went down so the doctor put him again on ventilator. Again the pressure started building up to arrange fund for treatment. I tried to reachout the health minister of Odisha, after waiting for a whole day I catch him on railway station from where he was traveling that day. But he was not in a mood to speak with us. He only told take my PA number and text your problem and I will look into the matter. Post that I chase his PA for couple of days but didn't get any answers. Meanwhile the patient condition also improved so we didn't and any choice to move. We start borrowing again for treatment.
In few days again the patient condition went down and went to more critical situation with multiple infections.
The treatment cost is now approximately 40000 per day. We are not getting any ICU seat in government hospitals to move the patient. We don't have any other options rather than continue the treatment in Ashwini hospital for now. We almost spent 600000 rupees and in shortage of funds. Kindly help us to arrange some fund for further treatment. Or if you can help us to get an ICU with ventilator bed in government hospital also can help us.
I am begging you to support our family to save a life.