- These Female Sex workers hail from the downtrodden rural areas of the dry arid areas.Their livelihoods are based on the industries such as Fireworks, Match factories and Spinning mills. Poorly paid women workers form the backbone of the above said industries and mills.
- In the present scenario due to stringent laws the production in the firework industries have become low and many of the women has lost their jobs and to support their families they have been pushed to the Sex work since there are no other employment opportunities as these areas are mostly arid areas,which turns the women to take up the Sex work as their livelihood.
- And as most of them are single parent they do not have ration card most of them do not have Aadhar card and they are not able to get the relief materials provided by the government. This stringent lockdown and restrictions of the government has brought drastic effects in their livelihood they have jobless and has been gravely affected. This situation pushes them to lack of food security, malnutrition, and ill health. The PLHIV and the other co infection patients among the Female Sex workers are also affected by this situation. Already they lack Their immunity rate will be very low and this situation will
- This Dry Nutrition Kit each consisting of 20kg basic food items distributed to support to these 1000 Female Sex Workers though it may not bring a change in their livelihood, it may provide three times food security where they can provide their family three times food for a month during this lockdown period of the Covid 19 Pandemic.
- Contact person: P. V. Rose Benedicta
Name Mrs. P. V Rose Benedicta, M.SW, M.com, B.Ed. Designation Secretary Full Address Mass Action for Social Welfare (Masw)
24/E/2/3, college road, opp to NCC office 2nd street, Rajaji Nagar, Virudhunagar – 626001.
|Phone Number||8610182936, 9500916717|
|Name of the Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Address||MASS ACTION FOR SOCIAL WELFARE(MASW)|
24/E/2/3, College Road,
Opp to NCC Office
Vitrudhunagar – 626001