Farmers have had enough of subsidies.
They have had loan waivers.
It's time that they are educated and empowered.
Farm Shiksha is engaged in teaching farmers in rural India and the next generation about farming and latest technological developments in Farming.
We have had the fortune of educating over 8000 students in the last two absolutely at no cost under our pet project Farm Shiksha foundation.
We have the intention of adopting every village and educate them to the best of our abilities in a practical driven approach in our Organic farm space.
We are now focusing on giving farmers practical education on sustainable and profitable farming techniques and technology in our facility and also educate them about business / demand & supply and ways to grow produce organically.
We have the technical expertise, backed by capable professionals and a dedicated research team but, what we lack is a basic classroom and restroom structure in place to enable these farmers to stay and enhance their skill.
1) The cost of construction of separate restrooms (male/female farmers), septic tank and water tank including electrical fittings is estimated to be about Rs.10,00,000
2) The cost of plastic chairs, cooking utensils, kitchen gears and a mini kitchen setup is about Rs.8,00,000
3) Equipment for aiding the teacher ie. Television, projector, speakers, microphone and inverter/generator (power backup) = 7,00,000.
4) Construction of classroom. (4,000 sq.ft)
Including electrical equipment , furniture, motors, power-backup and other teaching aids amounts to Rs.15,00,000.
5) Cost of labor, security guard room , cctv's , farming tools and farming kits for farmers(DIY kits) =Rs.2,50,000
6) Own funds utilized in the project = Rs.7,50,000.
Support the farmers who feed you everyday. Let us engage in farmer education and empowerment.