Because of this, many students drop out of school. To keep the children in school, SWADD( Society for Women and Downtrodden Development), an NGO, had stepped in.
The School has a Digital classroom. Using this, eVidyaloka connects the children with teachers who teach free of cost to help them.
So, the children have a digital classroom and there are teachers willing to help them.
We need your help to run this initiative for one academic year.
The funds we raise are for:
1. Training and employing a person to handle the computer system at the school. This provides employment to one rural person.
2. Cost of platform to connect volunteer teachers.
3. Internet connectivity and maintenance of the systems With the help of these funds, the students would be able to have four teachers for one whole academic year.
This would have significant impact on their lives.
Your contribution can change the lives of these children. It will enable them to attain education, which is their saviour in the present times. Thank you for your support.
The details of the costs involved is given below:
SWADD (Society for Women and Downtrodden Development) is a non profit organisation working actively in the field of Woman Development.
We are committed to the cause of empowerment of women, children, aged and needy rural masses. Since 1992, we have carried out various programmes for our cause in Tiruvannamalai district, Tamil Nadu.
The vision of SWADD is the reduction of the gap between rich and poor with social justice and establishment of the harmonious society where the people are free from poverty, hunger, diseases and injustice. People are the subjects and partners in Development.
eVidyaloka is an aspiration to transform the education landscape in rural India. eVidyaloka targets the two chief causes for lack of quality in education in India, namely, Shortage of Teachers, and Quality in Teaching.
The eVidyaloka model works in a strong ecosystem of local NGOs and partners. eVidyaloka focuses on delivering core subjects – Maths, Science & English - to rural children through a remote delivery model, in the local medium of instruction that both complements and supplements existing school curriculum. It involves the local communities to own the digital classrooms, connect and empower educated native-speaking volunteers, across the cities in India and world, to teach and mentor the children in villages of India.
1. Functioning infrastructure (digital, network) is available in the school premises
2. Digital infrastructure consists of TV screen/projector, Webcam, Speakers, CPU, Keyboard, Mouse (or a laptop in place of CPU, Keyboard, Mouse)
3. Network infrastructure is BSNL broadband cable or Jio/Idea/Airtel dongle for Wifi connection.
4. Considering working days in school for 8 months in an academic year
5. Coordinator salary for 12 months in an academic year.
1. If you are calling the bank or visiting the branch, mention Account Type as "___ CMS" (Cash Management System) accounts.
2. This account does not accept cash transfers.
3. Once you have made the transfer, please visit https://milaap.org/ payments. Enter your email and UTR (TXN reference number) to receive payment acknowledgement.
4. This is a virtual bank account (VBA) created by Milaap, specifically for this fundraiser. Funds donated will be received by Milaap and then transferred to the beneficiary.