'Digital Aasha' is the project of AaKanKsha VFABS, an NGO striving to promote quality education for the less privileged kids of India, under which around 600+ kids of Rural India will be provided with functional digital literacy.
These 600+ kids are from the government run schools which lack the basic facilities to help those kids realize their dreams of availing access to the digital education.
Digital Aasha is an unique project which aims at digital empowerment of the students as well as teachers with functional digital literacy. Under this project students will be provided with the digital education with the state of the art functional digital lab as well as digital content that would be tuned according to the academic syllabus.
In the later phases, this project aims to fight the teacher shortage in the rural government run schools by connecting the urban based volunteers to those schools via internet tools like skype.
1. Getting the minor repairs to the computers.
2. Buying new computers where there is shortage of PCs.
3. Restoring the power connection to schools as well as provide power backup
4. Preparing/Collecting the digital content in vernacular medium for the benefit of the school students.
5. Appointing the full time/part time Computer Tutor to train the students as well as the teachers on the functional digital literacy.
6. In the later phases, to connect urban volunteers with the school students via Skype and other internet tools.
7. Providing the fully equipped schools with digital tools like LED TV and Projector for the fuller utilization of the lab and digital content.
It is expected that it may cost around Rs.1Lakh to Rs.1.25Lakhs per school for two complete academic years.