I recently got selected as one of the top 300 delegates from all across the world for the prestigious Harvard Project for Asian & International Relations, a Harvard College Conference at Harvard University, USA from 15 Feb to 18 Feb, 2019.
From the last 4 years, I have been active in building community and mentoring students. Coming from a TIER 3 engineering institution gave me a deeper insight and opportunity to see the problem what millions of students in India are facing. I have a dream, a dream to improve the education system of the INDIA, a dream to empower the students of Tier 2 and Tier 3 institutions. There is a numerous number of problems students face in these institutions whether it is awareness about the opportunities or getting good guidance at college.
Recently, I along with my two other friends recently founded Frontbench, a platform to help the students of tier 2 and tier 3 college students to aware them about the available opportunities and provide guidance in their domain. In Just a month we have got more than 10k+ users and collaboration with 40+ campuses across India.
Attending this Conference will be truly going to give me a lifelong learning experience.
You can know more about Frontbench and our vision from my LinkedIn posts
Website Link - https://frontbench.xyz
Post 1 - http://bit.ly/frontbench-1
Post 2- http://bit.ly/frontbench-2
Post 3 - http://bit.ly/frontbench-3
Here are some of the achievements till date :
- Started Frontbench to empower the students of Tier 2/3 institutions, provide them access to opportunities and resources and guidance.
- Led a team PARIVARTAN to be in Top 5 finalist in Smart India Hackathon 2017.
- Selected in HackMIT 2017, the annual hackathon of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA. ( Couldn’t attend due to lack of funds )
- - Got Selected in Global Entrepreneurship Summit, Malaysia to represent my Startup Frontbench ( Couldn’t attend due to lack of funds )
- Got selected among other 30 delegates at Confederation of Young Leaders for Round Table Interaction at High Commision of Seychelles, New Delhi.
- Selected for Startup Bootcamp Program at European Innovation Academy, Italy. The program is scheduled in May 2019.
- Selected as Microsoft Student Partner twice for the academic year 2017 and 2018.
- I (along with my team) organized a hackathon( MCH Hack ) to foster coding ecosystem at the campus.
How is the conference Important to me?
Participating in Harvard College Conference will be a truly a lifelong learning experience.
I will use this opportunity to :
- Expansion of Frontbench in different countries using our Campus connect Program - This platform will provide me an opportunity to connect with students from other parts of the world. There can be the possibility that we can talk about starting international chapters of Frontbench.
- Networking - I will be able to Connect talented delegates with today’s leaders in academia, business, and government. Foster long-term relationships among young leaders from around the globe.
- Experience - As an aspiring entrepreneur, we learn from failures, and for that, you have to get involved, get experience, and develop and refine your skills. I believe that HPAIR opportunity will be truly an asset for me to refine my skill as an entrepreneur.
What is stopping me to attend this conference?
Here is the list of expenses required :
Registration fee : $400 (28,152 INR)
Flight (Cheapest fare) : 63,500 INR
Accommodation charges : $90 (6,334 INR)
US Visa fee : $160 (11,290 INR)
Total - Rs. 1,09,276
How Can You Support me?
You can Know more about me - http://bit.ly/know-deepak