Green Districts Initiative is essentially a people’s movement. It is with the support of volunteers, educational institutions, business houses,and many other inspired individuals that we want to plant saplings to combat desertification and increase the green cover of our country by target and district based missions.
We need to plant millions of trees to accomplish what we started.
We appeal to every one of you to be a part of Project Green districts. You could
- Grow saplings at your home
- Volunteer and support sapling production
- Support us in sapling distribution
- Plant trees
- Conduct awareness camps
- Fund a specific project
- Become a fundraiser for the project
- Donate and support us to plant trees
All this work involves an enormous amount of money and people.So we request to all people to feel responsible for conservation of our mother nature with big concern and big hearts.Show your support by volunteering and economic contribution.
To plant 10,000 plant saplings in 2019 across kurnool district as our initial project.
How do we achieve our target?
We have full-time members of our initiative who will increase the awareness among people,raise funds and motivate the people to be volunteers.
Core of this initiative will be the students.
Where do we plant?
1. Educational Institutions - Government schools,Colleges,Universities.
2. Hospitals,Primary Health Centres,etc.
3. Public places - Temples,Bus and Railway stations,Footpaths,etc.
4. Administrative places - MRO and DRO offices,Panchayat offices,Development authorities,etc.
5. Road and Rail sideways.
How do we increase awareness?
1. Awareness Rallies,Programmes
2. Conducting Marathons
3. Events in Educational Institutions
1. WHAT IS THE STORY?
The year 2018 saw the worst uneven rainfall in a century. Abundant rainfall and flash floods in the western coastal region, cyclones in the eastern coastal region and severe droughts in the Deccan plateau region.
Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh is one of the severe drought regions. We should plant more and more trees across the district to reverse the situation.
2. WHAT DO WE DO?
For this initiative to succeed, we need plant saplings, volunteers, equipment etc. Target areas are Government Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Public places, Administrative institutions
Target = 10,000 plants3. HOW DO WE DO IT?
1 plant=50 rupees
total fund required=5,00,000 rupees.