Rotary Club of Bangalore South Parade (chartered in 1996) has joined hands with Critical care professionals, Civic authorities, Corporate, Philanthropists and Volunteers in providing Affordable and Free Covid & Post Covid care to the most marginalized citizens of Bangalore & Karnataka affected amidst this disparaging pandemic.
• Emergency Covid Care Essentials like – Oxygen, Ventilators, Oxygen Concentrators, Pulse Oximeters and PPE Kits
• Emergency Services like - Ambulance Services, Vaccination camps and Social security services for Frontline workers
• Covid care for the citizens from Marginalized community, Elderly, Frontline workers, Destitute, Outstation patients Etc
• Post Pandemic Sustainable solutions for uplifting small unorganized business communities, Children out of school & Trauma Care
Bangalore is reeling under the second wave of the corona attacks and as you know, all medical supplies are running out. The medical infrastructure has come under tremendous pressure and People are dying. The silver lining in this dark cloud is that the doctors and para medics are still working round the clock and have not given up. Though we are overwhelmed we have not given up.
ROTARY BANGALORE SOUTH PARADE INITIATIVES:
The Campaign - HELP BANGALORE RISE, is created as a disaster support task force that includes highly acclaimed organisations led by Rotary Bangalore South Parade a part of Rotary International District 3190 INDIA, B.PAC Bangalore, ESI Hospitals, Lady Curzon & Bowring Hospital, Aviratha Baratha Help4All Foundation & ICATT Foundation partnering together to lend a helping hand to the medical fraternity in fighting this unforeseen enemy. This effort is acclaimed & supported by the Government of Karnataka.
Our task force team consists of volunteers across multiple domains like intensive care specialists, frontline doctors, hospital owners, NGOs, social workers, corporate leaders and even alumni of the IITs and IIMs, many of them from different parts of Karnataka and Bangalore. Our team visited various hospitals, Primary & Critical care health centres, talked to the front-line workers, discussed the problems with the government authorities and understood in our conversations that, all these people and entities are in a dire shortage of all kinds of medical equipment, medicine supplies & Critical care Professionals. Oxygen seems to be the burning issue and is the need of the hour. Lack of oxygen at an early stage unfortunately is creating a flywheel effect where the patients are turning serious and thereby putting a further strain on the Medicare system. We want to break this cycle by quickly ensuring the patients get the requisite
20 bed step down ICU facility in each constituency. The oxygenated centres will act as the spokes and the high dependency units shall act as the hub.
The mild symptomatic patients who can be home quarantined will be asked to stay at home. If the case deteriorates and the need for oxygen is felt then the patient is shifted to the fully oxygenated centres which could be found very close to their home. Some patients who deteriorate further shall be shifted to the high dependency units. Only those critically ill and need ventilators shall be shifted to the bigger hospitals. This hub and spokes model shall be replicated in all constituency of Bangalore.
WHAT IS OPEARTIONAL
As a first Step towards putting up a 20 bed fully Oxygenated Covid care centre as the first line of defence, our club is giving-
• 15 Oxygen Concentrators to each BBMP managed COVID Centres at Girinagar and Vijayanagara.
• Besides this, the club also met the immediate requirements of minimum 5 Oxygen Concentrators at ESI Hospital, Rajajinagar.
• All these Oxygen Concentrator are likely to be put into needy patient, latest by 12 th of this month.
• This model will free us from having no role to play in its day to day operations and manage additional Centres & needy people.
• PHASE 2 : Set up a dedicated Rotary Covid care centre in association with a reputed private hospital for post pandemic care.
WHAT YOU CAN DO !
Bangalore needs your help and It needs it now. The demand is huge and it requires a lot of infrastructure. Please make your contribution count. While you mostly have the luxury of working from home, spare a thought for those people who are working day and night with scarce resources. Nurses and frontline workers can hardly catch a break and they too need to come back to their family and children.
Whatever you are thinking of contributing, double it !
SUPPORT NOW, HELP BANGALORE RISE AGAIN !