COVID has ravaged India recently, leaving many communities devastated. Ahmednagar district having population of 4.5 million, is the hardest-hit district in Maharashtra. This state has over 5 million COVID cases, almost double of any other state in the country. The recorded death toll in the state has now reached 85,355. The conditions can be described as follows:
- Disproportionately higher number of active patients compared to health services.
- The government’s health centers are overcrowded.
- Unaffordable private hospital health care costs for poor patients.
- High numbers of poor patients suffering or dying without treatment
- Many low-income families living in one-room homes and cannot isolate sick family members.
Many families have lost their breadwinners and others have no source of income due to the consequences of COVID, NGP has stepped in to help families with medical, social, and economic needs. A donation of $25 will provide a family with the resources it needs to get through a month (dry ration of food, soap, funding for utility bills and prescriptions, etc.) More funding is always welcome, and any amount is appreciated. The need is dire and immediate. And we know that the money will go directly to help those in need.