1. Homeless dogs go through innumerable atrocities throughout their lifetime. They mostly go without food and water for days, (even weeks), are run over by vehicles so often and have to endure the extremities of the weather in India. They are starved to the extent that they attack each other violently for tiny shreds of food. All this can be reduced to a large extent if we control their population. We certainly don't want more dogs coming into this world to live under such horrific conditions.
2. Most puppies born on streets don't survive beyond a few weeks. We can save their mothers from depression caused by losing their puppies over and over.
3. Female dogs are attacked by multiple male dogs when they're in heat, leaving them injured and bleeding.
4. Sterilization is healthy for both male and female dogs. It reduces the risk of diseases like uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and pyometra for females and prostrate and testicular cancer in males.
5. Their aggression towards humans and other dogs can be prevented by sterilizing.
Getting an indie or "stray" dog adopted in a country where most people are biased against them (and prefer to buy dogs imported from all over the world and sold by breeders) is a herculean task which is why we see so many homeless indie dogs struggling to survive on streets. So I'm doing my infinitesimally small bit of getting 15 dogs spayed for my birthday month and your support would be the most wonderful gift.