Level the Playing Field for Children with Disabilities | Milaap

Level the Playing Field for Children with Disabilities

Tax benefits


Studies have shown that more than 95% of children are enrolled and are in school. A majority of the remaining 5% are those with varying types and severity of disabilities. This is because schools are not inclusive enough to address the learning needs of these children. We, at Prajayatna, have been trying to ensure that these children are enrolled in school and have been quite successful at it, having identified and enrolled over 1000 children to-date. Yet, they seem to find difficulty in learning due to lack of training of the teachers to address their special needs of which one of the major hindrances is the lack of accessible teaching-learning aids.

We have initiated a Quality Learning Initiative called Kalikayatna to ensure quality education for ALL children through a comprehensive pathway involving different educational stakeholders and learning which is organic, inclusive and child-centric in nature. It focusses on building the abilities of the child, rather than the disabilities. Watch this video for details:
 

And in order to cater to the children with disabilities, we have partnered with Tactopus Learning Solutions, who make multisensory inclusive learning products, specifically to cater to the unique needs of these children.

Given that schools are opening post the lockdown in a month, we are looking to raise INR 5,00,000 for a pilot program across 35 schools in Uttar Pradesh and 9 schools in Karnataka. This fund will provide each of these 44 schools with one Inclusive Learning Kit consisting of 10 STEAM products each, for those children with special needs for accelerated learning through multi-sensory tech-enabled products.

Every rupee donated will go towards funding learning materials, instructional aids, training and capacity building of the various stakeholders and help students and teachers in these government schools to achieve their maximum potential.

In addition, Tactopus has found us a donor to match 40% of every rupee that will be donated by you!

You will also be eligible for tax exemption for your donation amount, under Section 80G.

Come, be a part of our Mission Inclusion!

Watch how Tactopus is solving the problem of unequal access to learning for children with disabilities: 




Ask for an update
29th June 2020
We have received requests to extend the fundraiser by 10 days to allow for post-salary donations :) Thank you all for the love and support! 
We have received requests to extend the fundraiser by 10 days to allow for post-salary donations :) Thank you all for the love and support! 
27th June 2020
We have come a long way! 3 days to go with only 88K left. We thank all of you who have contributed and if you could do one last thing and share it with a friend or family member who would love to contribute, it would make the day of a little child with disabilities. Thank you once again :)
We have come a long way! 3 days to go with only 88K left. We thank all of you who have contributed and if you could do one last thing and share it with a friend or family member who would love to contribute, it would make the day of a little child with disabilities. Thank you once again :)
Rs.528,042 raised

Goal: Rs.500,000

4 Days to go

Beneficiary: Prajayatna info_outline
80G tax benefits for INR donations

Supporters (118)

GR
GIRISH donated Rs.53,000

DEAR SALONI AT THIS YOUNG AGE YOU ARE DOING A MARVELLOUS WORK. KEEP IT UP AND NEVER STOP. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND SHOWER ALL HIS BKESSING ON YOU ALWAYS

A
Anonymous donated Rs.350
A
Anonymous donated Rs.500
DN
Dhruv donated Rs.10,000
A
Anonymous donated Rs.500
A
Anonymous donated Rs.500