The statistics of sexual abuse in our country is quite horrifying, with the numbers increasing day by day. 94.3% of sexual abuse is being committed by people known to the children. Despite one in every two children being a victim of child sexual abuse, there continues to be a huge silence about it in our society.
- 70% of victims of child sexual abuse never disclosed their story.
- 20% of the children had experienced what was termed as severe sexual abuse.
- 53% of children in India have faced some form of child sexual abuse.
How we can address the issue
Despite all the initiatives, policies, and laws, there are still millions of situations where children don’t speak about the incidence. Parwarish Cares Foundation has taken up the initiative "Aao Baat Karien" with the vision to eradicate child sexual abuse by educating children about it using child-friendly dialogues so that they are empowered.
For this, we aim to
* Create a pool of trainers
* Organize workshops in schools on open and forthright communication
* Build gender sensitivity ability to deal with child sexual abuse
The output from the session(s)
Break the taboo associated with the concept of sexual abuse
* Children will be empowered with practical tools to help themselves in case of any sexual abuse incidences.
* Intervention will help mitigate the negative effects of abuse.
* Children will be able to understand what sexual abuse is.
* Children will be protected by parents, teachers after our intervention to prevent and recognize child sexual abuse.
* Children will learn to protect themselves from activities that fall under the bucket of child sexual abuse.
We reached 198922 children in 45 cities pan India through various schools, NGOs, and societies. To make a bigger impact we need more support from each one.
1. 100 rs to support a child from sexual abuse
2. 3000 to train a trainer for taking a session on the topic
3. 10000 to save 100 children from child sexual abuse
4. 30000 to train a pool of 10 trainers to take the sessions