When we talk about education in India, we can’t just talk about how education is in urban cities of India, without going deep into rural and tribal education that constitutes almost 90% of the schools being located in rural and tribal areas. The most common problem of rural and tribal education
Children in rural and tribal areas of Odisha feel disinvested in their education and this is evident as 2.8% of children drop out of school every year and the average attendance in school on any working day is 80%. Odisha Government closed every year number of schools. In Sonpeur 2019-20 more than 150 primary schools are identified for closing.
Iswar, is a child from Salepali Community of Sonepur District. He is studying in 7th grade at Moraloye village which is the distance around 3 km from salepali. He is the first person who reaches the 7th standard. Every child should learn but they don’t have to receive an education. Every child is born with enormous potential, but around the world, a hundred million children can only dream of realizing that potential simply because of where they born and how many their families earn.
GRAMOTHHAN is a non-profit organization that works on providing quality primary education to Tribal and Rural children of the Sonepur District of Odisha. Gramothhan currently provides quality education to approx... 2500 children from marginalized communities, through Innovation, School Transformation, and create a local pool of Education Leaders.
- Developing CHILDREN as co-creator of content and pedagogy to take ownership of their own learning journey is a self-paced and self-designed manner
- Leverage COMMUNITY, for its resources and practices, to prepare teaching and learning resources.
- Empower TEACHERS to organize classroom experiences in harmony with the child’s ecosystem and references to the existing knowledge
- Design processes and practices for ADMINISTRATION to ensure and implement in schools We have invested heavily in learning processes including training/capacity building, the repository of teaching-learning materials
- Enable 10 existing government schools to become model schools with the help of community Participation and school staff
- Create contextual academic resources for children to improve learning outcome
- Create a pool of 50 Education leaders to sustain model schools. Rural and tribal children need your help for continuing learning