Our organisation was started by two locals from the remote Changthang valley of Ladakh to work towards improving access to education and livelihood opportunities for all the women and children of Changthang (especially children from the nomadic communities).
Our work includes:
- Improving access to education (working on existing schooling institutions)
- Organizing winter camps during the harsh winter months
- Providing skill training and development classes for adults
- Strengthening the bonds of local communities with their environment
Learn more about our work here.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US?
Supported by independent sponsors from US and Europe during the pandemic, we successfully raised funds for holding educational camps and workshops during the winter months in Changthang. We are writing to you to enlist your aid in helping us sponsor one winter camp which will benefit 60 children from nomadic and indigenous communities of the region.
Many of the children belong to herding nomadic communities that practice transhumance way of living and as such, do not have easy access to education. Our moving winter and summer educational camps are extremely important in reaching these local communities.
Our workshops and classes include:
- Computer literacy workshops for adults
- Local culture and environmental consciousness classes for children - Basic literacy classes for both children and adults
- Working with the elders and the local amchis (doctors) to teach the children about their native plants, folk tales and songs of the region
- Critical writing and thinking classes for young adults
Help us achieve our goal of making education accessible for all and reaching as many indigenous communities as possible-no matter the geographical challenges!
All of our supporters will receive a detailed report of how their contribution has helped these communities and if they wish, they can write to us to join our initiative and be a part of the change!
Detailed expense report for our winter camps is available here. Please do contact us if you need any clarifications on how your funds impact our projects.