We need help with saving CHIEF'S life | Milaap

We need help with saving CHIEF'S life

We found CHIEF, a pure breed Doberman, on 13th August 2019 roaming around Kartik juice centre, Cypress, Mulund. He was found without a collar and in a really bad state, rummaging through rubbish. He was abandoned and left to die alone so we took him in instantly.
It's been 27 days since we've found him but no one has claimed or given any information about this case.

13 August 2019 -
On meeting Chief, we could see that his right leg is injured and so he was limping and couldn’t keep his leg down, had severe skin issues and had loose motions. He was drenched in the rain and cold when rescued.
As he needed immediate medical attention,we took him to a vet a couple of times. As of now, these are his reports:
- His diarrhoea was brought under control.

- Further treatment for his skin was started from 22nd september (suffering from mites)- Blood test reveals low platelet count and his liver values are on the higher side. Treatment for both these issues was started. -

Cheif's Thyroid check result - Free T4 on him is Low and suggests Hypothyroidism which possibly was contributing to skin issues too.

-Even after treatment had started and Chief was fed nutritious meals, he wasn't gaining weight, which was a cause for concern and confusion. But on 29th september we found out why - he had swallowed a huge polythene bag and cloth which was in his stomach till now causing issues! We found this when he puked it out of his system.

Poor guy was soo hungry he went ahead and ate pretty much anything he could find in the dumpster. This is the plight of most animals on the road, and it is heartbreaking.


6 September 2019 -

  • In the morning between 8:30-9 he had a seizure and was bleeding from his nose. We immediately took him to the vet where CBC was repeated along with the XRAYS. He wasn't allowing us to do the snout xray due to a lot of pain.
  • We immediately took him to DR. Chausalkar (Top Dogs) for endoscopy and skull radiographs. After examining when taken on table Chief had a grand mal seizure, they immediately medicated him to get the seizures in control post which the skull radiographs were done.
  • Xrays revealed diffused opacity at right nasal sinuses. When they did the endoscopy there was lot of puss like discharge which had to be immediately flushed out. Nasopharyngeal flush was done under general anaesthesia. The puss fluid was collected and sent to suburban diagnostics for bacterial & fungal culture & sensitivity. 
  • He is suspected to have fungal or bacterial infection causing CNS signs. 
  • Recovery from general anaesthesia for nasopharyngeal flush was prolonged. He was continuously crying in pain and the bleeding. 

  • Vet recommended to keep him under observation at Happy tails for a day till he is completely out of anaesthesia and stabilised. His medications were repeated in the morning at 4:30am and at 6:30 am he had another episode of grand mal seizure.
7th September 2019 -

He was ok and active throughout the day and was discharged at 9 pm. He is now at a paid foster in Mulund and is been monitored closely for relapses.



Further diagnostics to be done are CSF tap and MRI to confirm the diagnoses.


Chief didn’t deserve this to happen to him. For no fault of his own, he was abandoned and thrown out out his ‘home’ and left to die. Why else would someone in their right mind abandon their pet? Domesticated dogs, specially pedigree breeds cannot survive on the street and other packs of dogs attack them. They do not have the instincts to defend themselves and don’t know how to find food.
Let the story of CHIEF be a cautionary tale for people who want to adopt pedigree breed dogs and are unable to take care of them, as well as adopters who are hasty in their decision and end up abandoning the dog because of too much responsibility.
If you are reading this and looking to get a dog home, please understand what it means to have a dog and what kind of a commitment it is. Abandoning your dog is NOT the solution. Please reach out to a vet or NGO if you are having problems with your dog, and have some patience.

We need help with saving CHIEF’s life!

We intend to nurse Chief back to health and tackle every health issue this young boy is suffering from. He seems to have been through a lot and hasn't got proper nourishment, but is a tough champ and a CHIEF (thus his name!).
Once he is better, he will be up for adoption to a loving home, who will finally teach him what it really means to have a ‘FAMILY’.
But that is a long time away and his journey to recovery seems tough.
Can you please help us raise funds to help him get better? 
His medical costs include - (all the below Bills are pending)

1000/- travelling happy tails to foster
500/- travelling to hospital pet taxi
1950/- culture tests suburban diagnostics
15300/- dr.chausalkar
 9757/- happy tails
 5653/- happy tails
 25000/- MRI & CSF test (estimated cost including anaesthesia)
500×30  = 15000/- for foster
15000/- future vet visits and medicines
5000/- royal canin dry food
1500/- dr Chariar Bill


We can provide any bills and references for the above expenses, incase you would like to donate towards Chief’s recovery. Please open your heart and help this baby out. He deserves so much more, because of what a gentle soul he is.

#share 
Ask for an update
7th November 2019
All of a sudden, on 20th October, at 4:09pm, Chief got a seizure. He got a second one at 10:31pm. Then another on 21st Oct at 5:45am and one more at 9:30am after which we rushed him to Dr. Chausalkars clinic. In the doctor's clinic, he got another seizure at 5:15pm.

He was stabilised immediately with medications at the vet. His phenobarbital, ammonia and CBC tests were done which are all normal.
Then a series of seizures followed on 22nd oct- 8:36am, 9:10 am, 9:26 am, 10:10 am. Dr. Natasha visited chief and give him medications to help control his seizures, despite giving him all the necessary medications he went to a stage of status epilepticus, where he kept on getting non-stop seizures. We took him to happy Tails Chembur immediately where he was treated with multiple medications, No anti-seizure medication worked on him, not even general anesthesia! He kept on getting tremors and grand mal's.
He had over 100 seizures Since 9:30am on 22nd October until today, for almost 24 hrs, he didn't even blink his eyes. His eyes were wide open, We had to put eye drops to keep his eyes wet since they were drying.Vets had to change his anesthetic but even then he kept on getting seizures and tremors.

24th morning around 5am he slipped into a stage of comatose. He didn't even know what he had gone through in those two days. We had to revive him and get him back to normalcy. Had his owners not just let him go without sharing about his past, both Chief and us wouldn't have suffered so much to identify his issues. Our innocent boy was suffering a lot. We fought every moment to save him.

On 26th morning at 9:15 am chief breathed his last.. we lost him
He fought his little heart out for hours. To everyone who donated for chief, thank you, we were able to provide him the best throughout because of all your support.

R.I.P our handsome boy..

All of a sudden, on 20th October, at 4:09pm, Chief got a seizure. He got a second one at 10:31pm. Then another on 21st Oct at 5:45am and one more at 9:30am after which we rushed him to Dr. Chausalkars clinic. In the doctor's clinic, he got another seizure at 5:15pm.

He was stabilised immediately with medications at the vet. His phenobarbital, ammonia and CBC tests were done which are all normal.
Then a series of seizures followed on 22nd oct- 8:36am, 9:10 am, 9:26 am, 10:10 am. Dr. Natasha visited chief and give him medications to help control his seizures, despite giving him all the necessary medications he went to a stage of status epilepticus, where he kept on getting non-stop seizures. We took him to happy Tails Chembur immediately where he was treated with multiple medications, No anti-seizure medication worked on him, not even general anesthesia! He kept on getting tremors and grand mal's.
He had over 100 seizures Since 9:30am on 22nd October until today, for almost 24 hrs, he didn't even blink his eyes. His eyes were wide open, We had to put eye drops to keep his eyes wet since they were drying.Vets had to change his anesthetic but even then he kept on getting seizures and tremors.

24th morning around 5am he slipped into a stage of comatose. He didn't even know what he had gone through in those two days. We had to revive him and get him back to normalcy. Had his owners not just let him go without sharing about his past, both Chief and us wouldn't have suffered so much to identify his issues. Our innocent boy was suffering a lot. We fought every moment to save him.

On 26th morning at 9:15 am chief breathed his last.. we lost him
He fought his little heart out for hours. To everyone who donated for chief, thank you, we were able to provide him the best throughout because of all your support.

R.I.P our handsome boy..

8th October 2019
UPDATE on our boy chief: 

Chief's MRI was done on 23rd september. Good news is there is No abnormality noted in his brain and cervical spine.




*Here's his vets note* : Epilepsy diagnosis is a diagnosis by exclusion. Since we have ruled out any structural and parenchymal changes in the brain. We will have to rule out any underlying infection or inflammation before calling it an idiopathic/inherited epilepsy. A CSF tap / Spinal tap would be recommended to rule out any underlying infections/inflammation in the Brain. Since Chief has been fairly stable, there is no rush to perform the CSF tap immediately. You can continue and complete the course of medication prescribed to you and we could then discuss about the CSF tap then.

*Following the same* : His prescribed medication course completed on 30th of september. Since the fourth day of completing medications, our boy has relatively become dull and is avoiding food since. He's tired easily. From relishing healthy 5-6 meals a day the count has dropped to only 2 meals. He's been having fever since day before yesterday morning and has been eating very little. Since today morning he didn't have water & food at all. He's been given saline and blood sample has been drawn. We are awaiting reports post which CSF will be decided.

In such times, we are holding on every fibre of determination, love, hope and care to do our very best to give him a shot at a healthy normal and loving life. It’s a choice we make every single day.

*I want to express my heartfelt gratitude To everyone who donated for Chief and shared his post. A BIG THANK YOU! It wouldn't have been possible to provide him the best without you all.*
We will update about his blood reports in the evening.
🐾
UPDATE on our boy chief: 

Chief's MRI was done on 23rd september. Good news is there is No abnormality noted in his brain and cervical spine.




*Here's his vets note* : Epilepsy diagnosis is a diagnosis by exclusion. Since we have ruled out any structural and parenchymal changes in the brain. We will have to rule out any underlying infection or inflammation before calling it an idiopathic/inherited epilepsy. A CSF tap / Spinal tap would be recommended to rule out any underlying infections/inflammation in the Brain. Since Chief has been fairly stable, there is no rush to perform the CSF tap immediately. You can continue and complete the course of medication prescribed to you and we could then discuss about the CSF tap then.

*Following the same* : His prescribed medication course completed on 30th of september. Since the fourth day of completing medications, our boy has relatively become dull and is avoiding food since. He's tired easily. From relishing healthy 5-6 meals a day the count has dropped to only 2 meals. He's been having fever since day before yesterday morning and has been eating very little. Since today morning he didn't have water & food at all. He's been given saline and blood sample has been drawn. We are awaiting reports post which CSF will be decided.

In such times, we are holding on every fibre of determination, love, hope and care to do our very best to give him a shot at a healthy normal and loving life. It’s a choice we make every single day.

*I want to express my heartfelt gratitude To everyone who donated for Chief and shared his post. A BIG THANK YOU! It wouldn't have been possible to provide him the best without you all.*
We will update about his blood reports in the evening.
🐾
20th September 2019
Below are chiefs culture test reports :


 








his medications for above detected bacteria has been started and he is responding well to the medications. 
Below are chiefs culture test reports :


 








his medications for above detected bacteria has been started and he is responding well to the medications. 
Content Disclaimer: The facts and opinions, expressed in this fundraiser page are those of the campaign organiser or users, and not Milaap.
Rs.68,462 raised

Goal: Rs.95,660

Beneficiary: Chief the doberman info_outline

Supporters (53)

A
Anonymous donated Rs.500
JD
Jehan donated Rs.1,000
AA
Aparna donated Rs.1,000

Hoping he finds a loving new family and recovers soon!

AT
Anita donated Rs.2,500

Get well soon Chief !

AK
Achala donated Rs.500
Harish
Harish donated Rs.5,000