Rahat was set up with a vision to work with grassroots initiatives for effecting positive changes in the lives of underprivileged families and communities primarily relating to healthcare, education and livelihood programs.
The need of the hour is thus a two pronged approach – first to provide quality healthcare services to the needy at an affordable cost and second to promote healthcare awareness programs among the underprivileged.
Rahat Society has recently acquired “CHAHAK GENERAL HOSPITAL” on lease on monthly rental basis from 01st December 2020.
The primary/initial model of funding of running and operating this hospital is purely donation from the masses. We have made appeals to our network of people through which we have been able to form a small corpus of fund which is barely sufficient to run the hospital for a very short period only.
The salient features of “CHAHAK GENERAL HOSPITAL” are as under:
- The USP of our hospital is that we will be treating patients with quality treatment at reasonable rates, without burdening them with unnecessary investigation charges or stay, with full professionalism and transparency.
- We have roped in like-minded top notch and highly experienced Medicos from our network, loaded with passion to serve the mankind. They will be offering their services in both OPD and IPD patients at minimal cost.
- We have in-house Medical store which will stock Generic and Ethical medicines and provide heavy discount on medicines and surgical equipment, possible because no doctor will be linked to this pharmacy for commission or any other incentive. All the margins will be passed over to the patient, after keeping small percentage, necessary only to sustain it and maintain the operational costs.
- We are conducting weekly free medical and medicine distribution camps in the venerable localities of the city
- Also in the pipeline is setting up of a high-tech investigation laboratory. Main attraction and feature of this lab will again be offering high quality professional service at a very reasonable cost, again possible because no doctor or agent will be linked to this lab for commission or any other incentive.
Rahat believes that unless sensitive members of the civil society are involved proactively in the process of development, sustainable change will not happen.
In this view we wish to appeal for wholehearted monetary support, necessary to take this project forward.
How your funds will be utilized
- For paying the building rent (i.e. 1 lakh / month) and hospital amenity bills
- For purchasing medical and lab equipment
- For conducting free medical and medicine distribution camps across the city