TEAM UAS NMIMS is a student team here at MPSTME, Shirpur. Our team was established in the year 2014 when we initially started getting acquainted with drone technologies. Our very first unmanned vehicle was a fixed wing developed in-house by the students. Realizing the need of the hour we shifted our designs to accompany for a multirotor system.
The team was established with a motive of participating in the AUVSI SUAS international level competition held annually in USA. In the year 2018 our team secured an overall 5th position worldwide and 1st position amongst all the teams from INDIA. Our team has also been an active participant in national level competitions such as AERO INDIA DRONE OLYMPICS organized by the INDIAN AIR FORCE securing an overall 4th rank in heavy payload category, and MEHAR BABA PRIZE also by the INDIAN AIR FORCE centric to SWARM TECHNOLOGIES qualifying till the second round brushing shoulder with big giants like TATA and L&T defense.
Our team has worked with various drone systems and other drone related tasks. Our experience span from working with fixed wings, multirotor to heavy payload capacity hexacopter. We assure high confidence in many drone related tasks including payload delivery, aerial photography and drone designing. Our team comprise of hardworking and dedicated students coming from various extractions of engineering, together we form a multidisciplinary platform that promises to serve the upcoming boom of the drone technology in INDIA.
Why we need help ?
- Our team is located in the outskirts of Maharashtra in Shirpur near the banks of TAPI river. The access to facilities is limited and online platform is the only resort available to the students here.
- Our team is a self-funded team. Students contribute through a monthly chip of minimal amount. This fund is purely invested in improving our drones.
- As a student team none of us earns and money is a dire need. Our dedication towards the team is the result of where we are todays, we don’t wish to stop. With the minimal contribution we make, our aim is always to put it to good use and the betterment of society. As engineers our technical skills are put to good use.
- Drone industry is a booming market, still in INDIA due to several factors parts and supplies are extremely rare and expensive. With a little financial help we can secure better parts and supplies for our drone, contributing to this industry.
- We are motivated to do something and apply out classroom learning into real life applications. Out of every limitation we are facing now we don’t wish to give up, we as engineers portrait the contribution one can make.