Hi , I am Ashna Jain a school student and a 1M1B future leader and I have started Saathi, a non-profit charitable initiative, to support daily labourers in association with local NGO Samridhdhi Trust. My aim is to help them have a reliable supply of basic groceries and hygienic products in the absence of employment opportunities.
Daily wagers and self-employed workers have become jobless by the current COVID-19 pandemic and need our help. Lives of a large number of families in India that survive on daily wages have been affected deeply. They lack basic essentials like soap, masks, and sanitisers needed to keep the virus at bay.
*Who will I help and how?*
I have mapped 31 worker families in Bellandur and Marathalli areas of Bangalore who are in urgent need of groceries and hygienic products.
*How can you help?*
During this crisis, I need your support to help feed everyone and ensure basic hygiene products are available.
- Daily wage earners have been most impacted by the Covid-19 lockdown
- I have mapped 31 such families in Bellandur and Marathalli areas of Bangalore who are in urgent need of groceries and hygienic products.
- One Ration Kit will be issued to every family. Each kit will contain:
Liquid refil Soap: 3pieces: Rs. 130
Washing Powder: 2kg: Rs. 100
Sanitizer: 2 pieces: Rs. 140
Rice: 10Kg: Rs. 350
Tur, Moong, Masoor Dal: 5kg: Rs. 350
Haldi packet : 200g: Rs. 36
Chili packet : 200g: Rs. 40
Jeera packet: Rs. 56
Dhaniya packet : Rs. 36
Oil 2L: Rs. 176
Potato: 3kg: Rs.114
Onion 2kg: Rs. 70
Tomato 1kg: Rs. 25
Ginger,250g= Rs. 20
Atta: 5kg : Rs. 150
Milk Powder : 500 gms: Rs. 75
Tea: 250 gms: Rs. 25
Sugar 2 kg: Rs.50
Salt: 1 kg: Rs. 25
Disposable Masks and gloves : Rs.32
Total cost per family: Rs. 2000
- All products will be procured and supplied by our partner NGO Samridhdhi Trust who have been helping migrant population of Bangalore.
- This is a 100% not for profit campaign, and we will send update reports to all contributors.
- Our volunteers and NGO partners will ensure responsible distribution of these kits while ensuring ‘Social Distancing’ guidelines.
In case you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1M1B Foundation (1Million for 1 Billion) is on a mission to activate 1 million young leaders and entrepreneurs who will impact 1 billion people to create a world with balanced prosperity by the year 2030.
1M1B is a social innovation, entrepreneurship and future skills initiative aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Established in the United States of America in October 2014, 1M1B is a United Nations accredited 501c3 non-profit organization with special consultative status to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and associated with the United Nations Department of Global Communications.