(1) Rent, electricity, water (per month) - 17,850 + 350 + 400 = 18,600. Yearly = 2,23,200. INR
(2) Phone and Broadband = 589 + 589 = 1,178/- per month. Yearly = 14,136/- INR
(3) Food + Miscellaneous = 10,000/-. Yearly = 120000/- INR
(4) Travel to and fro Bengaluru - Kanpur twice a year (Holi and Diwali visit to my parents) = 5000/- per ticket one way fare. Yearly = 20,000/- INR
(5) Travel to and fro 4 times a month (Belatur - Indira Nagar) (Cab fare is around 350/- one way ) = 700*4= 2800/-. Yearly = 33,600/- INR
(6) Pizza party for the children once a month = 2000/-. Yearly = 24,000/- INR
(7) Volunteers gift once a year - Akshar India Mug = 300/- ; Akshar India T-shirt = 350/-; Sweets + Certificate + Courier Charges = 500; Total = 1150/- per volunteer. Total volunteers = 20. Total cost = 20*1150 = 23,000/- INR per year
(8) 20 mobile devices for children = 5000*20 = 1,00,000 INR
(9) Annual trip for children and parents = 50,000/- INR
Total = 6,07,936 /- INR
Appropriate pictures, bills and bank statements will be shared with all donors regardless of how much you have donated. The same will be shared on our Instagram and Facebook handles @teamaksharindia also to ensure transparency. However, if for trust reasons, you'd like to directly purchase items for us (phones/gifts/ola/uber passes for travel/tickets) we are happy to do that as well. We are in it for the right reasons and would want our donors to have a feel good experience always. If for any reason, you wish to ask any questions or have special requests, please write to me at email@example.com.
Personal Note - Please consider supporting me versus supporting a "big" "credible" organisation because as an independent community worker with zero support from any "big-wigs", I find myself lonely, stranded and unsupported in this work. I shudder to think of how the community feels given their condition and hence, I am scared of not being able to support them given my adverse financial situations. Hence, I am using my "privilege" to make a change in their lives so they feel supported. My job is hard given that there is no respect. I am not a social worker with a fancy name or an NGO which has crores of funds. I am just an average individual trying to do my bit for the society. There is shame because the society I move in is fairly privileged and looks like I am not able to live upto them either financially or socially. It's a hard battle to choose this life but since I chose this on my own I am willing to live it, come what may. I seek your support and understanding. I am a transparent person with high sense of integrity and strength of character. Feel free to check my Facebook or Instagram (@anshima.g) accounts and it will give you a fair idea of what kind of a person I am. Feel free to write to me if this resonates with you.
Akshar India Fellowship