I am Ankita Mehra Mahajan from New Delhi.
I am an individual animal volunteer who help stray animals medically and boarding
During lockdown I fed around 150 dogs every day with help of alot people
In addition , we have been providing medical aid to Sick and injured strays ,getting them sterilised , transportation to hospitals etc..
Though feeding has stopped now, the strays continue to need medical attention, boarding for old/ abandoned dogs, sterilization etc.
Medical attention is given on site but in some cases they need hospitalization or care at a shelter for a few weeks
Some cases are
1. Sterilization cost is Rs 1000 /- per dog plus transportation to the shelter for sterilization is around Rs. 1500/-
2. Dog with mange infection, at least 6 weeks treatment and boarding charges.
· Approx. Expenditure – Rs. 7000/-
3.Treatment for four maggot dogs will take around ten days
Paravet is coming to do on spot treatment
For one maggot wound dog = Ten days * rs 600 for each visit will total to Rs 6000 * 4 dogs = rs 24000
3. for dehydrated dog only transportation to hospital to and fro Rs 2000
4. Some medicines given for injured animals from time to time around 1500 rs
5.Four old/ abandoned dogs need permanent boarding for life as they cannot survive on the streets. Repeated efforts to get them adopted have not been successful. Average expenditure per dog per month is Rs. 4000/-. Three dogs I am supporting since February, 2020 and one dog since August, 2020.
Approx. Expenditure for a month on dogs and any other animals is Rs 60,000/-
Dogs are man’s best friend and give unconditional love.
Request you to donate generously and share in your network