NBT organizes a world book fair in New Delhi every year where more than a 10000 book stalls are provided in various exhibition halls in Pragati Maidan. Publishers and writers from across the world exhibit there work here. In this fair we provide space to all Gorkha writers and researchers to exhibit and sell their work. We give the proceeds received through sales of the publication back to the author or publishers providing the books. This is an effort to encourage our writers, researchers and publishers and enable them to showcase their work in an international platform. Literature, research and language we believe is the key to survival and prosperity of any community. This is also an effort to unite our community across the globe through literature.
If we want the world to know our true story, we have to promote our literary works. Unfortunately, until last year there was no stall representing Gorkha literary works. Last year through fundraisers and supports from people within our community and other friends of Gorkhas we successfully booked a stall and participated in the NBT World Book Fair 2019.
The booking for the stall for 2020 is currently open till 20th November 2019 we want to book space for The Indian Gorkha Book Stall and request your support for the same. To be able to exhibit books in the fair through our stall publishers, writers and researchers need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Belong to Gorkha community with publication in any languages on any subject
- Belonging to non Gorkha community with works published on subject based on Gorkhas or written in Nepali or any other Gorkha language.
- Exhibit and sell the publication.
- Multimedia Corner showcasing the poetry recitation and literary discussion through videos availed on internet
- Opening Seminar where book release and interaction among writers and enthusiast is facilitated.
- Daily live coverage of interviews of guests, Book readings and discussions.
- Posters and banners providing information on famous writers and researchers and their works of our community.
- Booklet of Books Available for sale with contact details of authors and publishers for future purchase.
- Post fair Brochure covering the event
- Setting up of online platform for future sales of books.