We believe that when we teach a woman, we educate a whole family and bring growth.
Amrita Devi Foundation was started by a few vigilant, educated youth of Uttarakhand who pledged to do something towards the society. During their childhood, they have seen the difficult life of the remotely deprived rural families of Uttarakhand.
In such a situation, these youths decided to do something for the economic up-lift of the poor and deprived families living in rural areas. A beginning was made through its limited resources and some generous donation by big heart people. The initiative got support from many selfless activists and volunteers and the family of Amrita Devi Foundation started growing.
Now, Amrita Devi Women’s Institute which is a wing of Amrita Devi Foundation has started spreading very fast in the rural areas of Uttarakhand.
2. How org is helping as relief work: Amrita Devi Women’s Skill Development Institute proved to be a milestone in taking our work forward. Today, we have been able to set up FOUR institutions in the rural areas of district Almora and run them smoothly. In these Institutions, women are being provided free training on employment-oriented courses in Computers, Digital Marketing and Tailoring.
Currently, 60 women are getting training in these institutes.
- Bhikiyasen, District Almora - Course-Computer Operator and Digital Marketing
- Village Ghughuti, District Almora - Course- Tailoring
- Village Parthola, District Almora - Course- Tailoring
- Village Harda, District Almora - Course- Tailoring
Our goal in the year 2021-22 is to set up many more Skill Development Centers in other rural areas of Almora District where we want to train the following employable skills to 250 Women / Girls
a. Computer Operator,
b. Digital Marketing
To Train one girl/woman costs INR 5,100. Which will be spent on Trainer, Material, Infrastructure, Examinations, Certificates, etc.
Also, we are providing a free Personality Development classes to these students once a week.