My name is Aldo Xavier.
As you know, the impact of the deadly Covid-19 second wave in India has been disastrous. So many of our near and dear ones have been affected.
I have started this fundraiser in support of the work being done by my friend
and ex-Microsoft colleague, Joanna Savitha.
She runs a non-profit called Thiru Oli, which has been doing Corona relief work among Tribal and the Rural poor since the 1st lock-down began in India on March 23rd, 2020.
During the 2nd wave, the virus has spread extensively in villages too. Joanna Savitha and her team have been working extensively to help 940 families in 20 villages as the pandemic rages.
Here are some of the relief activities they are carrying out in 20 villages which are 30 kilometers from Coimbatore city close to the Reserve Forest in Tamilnadu in Southern India:
• They are distributing medical kits to the poorest of the poor to help increase their immunity.
• They are helping families in home quarantine with medical supplies, essential items etc.
• They are following up with them on the progress the patients are making.
• They are not only offering them physical and nutritional help but also counselling, education and emotional support as panic is claiming more lives than COVID.
• They are encouraging everyone to get vaccinated.
• They are trying to support the families who have lost their sole bread winners to COVID.
To aid their relief work I have setup this support fundraiser for contributions to their COVID Crisis Relief Fund.
Please share on social media using #Covidcrisisrelieffund, #Medicalkits, #Coronareliefwork, #ThiruOli
Their urgent need is listed below: