Flow pads | Milaap
Flow pads
9%
Raised
Rs.17,500
of Rs.200,000
3 supporters
  • M

    Created by

    Milaap
  • AD

    This fundraiser will benefit

    Aditi Dua

    from New,Delhi

Story

Hi, its Vani and Aditi from New Delhi. We are here to raise funds in order to provide reusable menstrual napkins to rural women of our country and educate them on the topic of menstrual hygiene.
It was during an educational trip to a small village of Bir, Himachal Pradesh that we realised how important it is to educate the women of our country about menstruation. To them, the topic of menstruation is a hush affair and supposed to be kept under wraps. The challenges of managing the process of menstruation can cause not only physical problems, but also mental health issues, and these women will not only be at a high risk of infection, but their education and self esteem may suffer majorly.

A National family health survey conducted in 2015-16 estimates that out of 336 million mentruating women in India, about 121 million (roughly 36%) women are using sanitary napkins. The remaining 64% are either left unaware of what a sanitary napkin is and use cloth instead, or do not have access to such facilities and education.

This gets us to the purpose of this fundraiser,
We intend to;
  • educate and provide underprivileged women of our country with eco friendly reusable sanitary pads 
  • Hold educational workshops about menstrual hygiene 
  • Make employment opportunities for women making these cotton pads and selling them to us

We also aim at reducing this process of menstruation that has been such a taboo to them to a comfortable and a normal process of their lives.


Why reusable pads?
  • Production of these pads is cost effective unlike the disposable ones.
  • These pads are eco friendly
  • They last upto 2 years or even more
  • It will prevent these women from using old cloth, rugs or other unhygienic interventions during their menstrual cycles. 

Your help will, in turn, help us uplift the women of backward/ rural areas. We aim at providing the 64% of women of our country who do not have access to these facilities, with a healthier and more hygienic lifestyle. Your donations will help us give them better quality of life and bring about a change in our society and a ray of sunshine in their lives.

Every penny counts, do your bit for the society to uplift !!!!

Read More

support