Thank you so much for visiting my fundraiser page! I am Abdul Nafe and I’m seeking your support to pursue my undergraduate education at Azim Premji University.
I come from a family with multiple financial constraints. My grandfather and my father didn’t have the means to study. Despite the immense hard work that they’ve put into their work over the last few decades, the financial situation of our family hasn’t improved much. I did most of my schooling in a low-budget private school with scholarships and later moved to a Government school, from 9th- 12th Grade. I had the opportunity to study under the support and guidance of Teach For India Fellows, who continue to be my guiding light.
I finished my Grade 12 last year and secured 97.5%, having stood 1st in my school. I will be the first person in my family, and my entire community to be able to go to University/College for my undergraduate degree. I envision studying well and supporting my family/ extended community in the years to come. I need your support to make this happen today!
Fortunately, I have received admission to do a BA in Economics from the prestigious Azim Premji University - A philanthropic University working for social change. The process of admission was extensive, I went through an entrance exam, interview, financial assistance calls, and then document verifications. I am very happy to share with you that I have received a 100% tuition waiver and a 100% scholarship for stay and meals for me to complete my degree.
I am writing to you for support - To help me cover my expenses while I study at APU in Bangalore. There will be high traveling charges because the university is around 2500 km away from my home in Delhi. During summer and winter vacations, the university will not operate and students will have to return to their respective homes. I have mentioned below a detailed breakdown of the expenses that I will be incurred during the three years of my study:
● Books and Field Trip Charges - 50,000
● Formal clothing expenses - 10,000
● Smart Phone/ Tab for Communication/ Learning - 15,000
● Yearly travelling expenses - 40,000
● Miscellaneous personal expenses (Stationary, Internet Recharge among others) - 40,000
Total Amount - INR 1,55,000
I’ve also outlined below some of my achievements:
● Scored 97.5% in 12th CBSE board
● Became president of the Geo club of my school.
● Selected for an educational learning camp- Carpe Diem.
● Worked on BBC School Report, created a report on ‘Increasing air pollution in North East Delhi’
● An active participant in a survey conducted by us to track the educational status of our locality and we were inspired by the Annual Status of Education Report.
● Invited to present at a conference in the office of Pratham NGO and CEO Rukmini Banerjee.
● Led the Design For Change project, helping 100 people to get their voter ID cards.
Your contribution can help me bring my dreams to reality and can get me access to quality education. I promise to study well and lead social change.
" If you become a helper of hearts, spring of wisdom will flow from your heart "